• May 09, 2024, 06:24:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ridden multple Zero models? Which is your favorite and why?  (Read 977 times)

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: Ridden multple Zero models? Which is your favorite and why?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2021, 01:56:36 AM »

I've only ridden my DS but I feel like it's the ideal model for me, if I could only have one. An FXS would probably be a bit more fun on road and perhaps just as capable off road with a tyre change but I'd miss the storage and faster charging of the DS (especially as I plan on getting a charge tank), and while a DSR would be a lot more fun on road I'd again be giving up some storage (all storage once I get the charge tank) and I like how light the DS is.
Can the Zero or any other luggage be added to the FXS? If not, that would be a major reason for me to NOT consider the FXS.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2021, 02:07:02 AM »

I've only ridden my DS but I feel like it's the ideal model for me, if I could only have one. An FXS would probably be a bit more fun on road and perhaps just as capable off road with a tyre change but I'd miss the storage and faster charging of the DS (especially as I plan on getting a charge tank), and while a DSR would be a lot more fun on road I'd again be giving up some storage (all storage once I get the charge tank) and I like how light the DS is.
Can the Zero or any other luggage be added to the FXS? If not, that would be a major reason for me to NOT consider the FXS.

-Don-  Reno, NV
You can stick a top box on an FXS, not sure about panniers. I suppose if I was to have a DSR I could always put a top box and/or panniers on it but I'd prefer not to.

staples

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2021, 06:42:53 AM »

I got the Zero top box with my FXS, and that's more than enough for what I need 99% of the time. The rest of the time a bungee net can hold a lot on the passenger seat. I've not tried, but don't see much reason you couldn't put some saddle bags on it. You probably couldn't put much weight in them because there isn't much support underneath.

Bungee nets and ratchet straps work wonders.

mdjak1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2021, 02:13:09 AM »

-Don-  Reno, NV

I added the Zero rack on my FXS when I bought it and recently added an inexpensive quick detachable top case from Amazon for $55.   I probably will hardly ever use the case though.  I mainly bought it for the base plate. 

mryan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2021, 01:20:24 AM »

-Don-  Reno, NV

My Niche tank bag is my favorite upgrade. I bought a second one for my Versys 300 as well. I also bought the Givi top rack kit but I haven't even put a box on there yet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372926364579?hash=item56d424bba3:g:iIMAAOSweoReK1c8
Pages: 1 [2]