• May 07, 2024, 12:34:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2010 X kickstand or chain guide mods?  (Read 911 times)

PaulM

• View Profile
2010 X kickstand or chain guide mods?
« on: October 12, 2011, 08:06:55 AM »

Hi all,

A bike shop not far from me recently became a Zero dealer and they had several 2010 X models (new, with 2 year warranty) for $3999 plus a $600 freight/pdi charge plus taxes.  They were very negotiable on the pdi charge so I bought one last Friday.  It's been a great bike so far but I have two complaints, no kickstand and a lot of chain noise from the chain guide.  Has anyone added a kickstand or modified the chain guide, and if so, what did you do?

rollandelliott

• View Profile
Re: 2010 X kickstand or chain guide mods?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 09:50:45 AM »

sorry no experience but if you want to buy the parts this online store is great http://www.compacc.com/

zap mc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 09:34:34 PM »

Hi all,

A bike shop not far from me recently became a Zero dealer and they had several 2010 X models (new, with 2 year warranty) for $3999 plus a $600 freight/pdi charge plus taxes.  They were very negotiable on the pdi charge so I bought one last Friday.  It's been a great bike so far but I have two complaints, no kickstand and a lot of chain noise from the chain guide.  Has anyone added a kickstand or modified the chain guide, and if so, what did you do?

i have done plenty of kick stands
 a bit of messing about though, about an hour to fit, drilling and tapping required, stand fits in between footpeg and frame. We are in England though.

sylvanascent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 07:27:06 PM »

The chain guide noise is typical. You can make the chain tighter, but not too tight! Read the manual in this regards. The chain stretches a lot for the first few months. This is probably why they put a belt drive on the S and DS. You don't notice this on a gas bike!
Pages: [1]