News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Yiihaa  (Read 1993 times)

skoleskibe

• View Profile
Re: Yiihaa
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 05:47:15 AM »

Ok, so i can trust that each phase is 220-240V, meaning it'll be possible to use both onboard and Quick charger at the same time ;-)
Maybe even 2 HP esp
 120 psu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexanderfoti

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 11:44:46 PM »

Look at Eltek Flatpack DC rectifiers.

skoleskibe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 01:18:22 AM »

@alexanderfoti
I've used almost all my means buying the bike ;-)
The HP PSU's available at a low cost, maybe 1/4 or 1/5 of the elcons, and it delivers in exces of 50amps.

Would like to see the total wiring mess though ;-/

alexanderfoti

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 01:53:25 AM »

@alexanderfoti
The HP PSU's available at a low cost, maybe 1/4 or 1/5 of the elcons, and it delivers in exces of 50amps.

I know the feeling! The elteks can be had for £80 or so each, so for £320 you have 8KW of charging capacity!

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 04:46:49 AM »

@alexanderfoti

What HP PSUs are you looking to use?
Most of them are 12v (12.5v really) and are heavily regulated. even if you stack 9 of them  to get 112.5, you still need to regulate the amperage by turning them down. it becomes a huge pain but it can be done. Some crowbar with too much load.
That said, it can be done, how depends on the PSUs

skoleskibe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2016, 06:22:18 AM »

They are HP ESP 120 server PSU's.  Good for just shy of 3kw a piece. They'r rather cheap, but heavy and bulky.

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 09:52:01 AM »

They are HP ESP 120 server PSU's.  Good for just shy of 3kw a piece. They'r rather cheap, but heavy and bulky.

ok.. you know you cannot just directly connect them, right? they will push whatever current they need to, to try to get the battery up to their set voltage... even if that current exceeds their max rating.
if the max is exceeded, they will shut down.
You will need someway to throttle current.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2016, 11:07:53 AM »

Most of them are 12v (12.5v really) and are heavily regulated. even if you stack 9 of them  to get 112.5, you still need to regulate the amperage by turning them down.

Yeah, well, no, these days rack mounted equipment usually runs at 48V nominal. Rack-mounted power supplies are designed to run cc/cv mode, so you can easily parallel them, which us what what they're designed to do. But because they're cc/cv, they also serialize well....one will be in cc mode, the other in cv mode, until the battery is charged, where they'll both be in cv mode. Nominal voltage is 48, but can usually be tweaked up to 58V or so, which is perfect for our needs, with two in series.

ok.. you know you cannot just directly connect them, right? they will push whatever current they need to, to try to get the battery up to their set voltage... even if that current exceeds their max rating.
You will need someway to throttle current.

See above comment about cc/cv mode. You can't hurt these supplies by connecting them in series or parallel. They'll push their maximum current up to their maximum voltage; less than that, they limit themselves without harm. They're designed to do that safely.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

skoleskibe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2016, 03:48:36 PM »

really making some sort of quick charger would be nice, wether eltek  or hp esp's

By the way, here in the EU the mains voltage is 220-240v and (where i live) the fuse range is 10 or 13amp. Why not parallel 2 stock chargers ie buy an extra gwp 1200 charger and mount it underneath the factory mounted one. Thus doubling the amperage, and still using the standard prong on the side of the bike. Only downside is that the height betw asphalt and bottom of the bike will be lowered app 5cm. It'll be more convenient than using the quiq charger from zero, as it'll use no luggage space, and could be hardwired in. downside is that its only halving the charge time, as opposed to the eltek or hp esp that'll that'll be able to reduce the chargetime to about or below 2 hours. using 400v 13 or 16 amp's fuses

can't find the price of the gwp 1200 anywhere ;-/

Nah it's probably too expensive ;-D

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2016, 06:23:49 PM »

Yeah, well, no, these days rack mounted equipment usually runs at 48V nominal. Rack-mounted power supplies are designed to run cc/cv mode, so you can easily parallel them, which us what what they're designed to do. But because they're cc/cv, they also serialize well....one will be in cc mode, the other in cv mode, until the battery is charged, where they'll both be in cv mode. Nominal voltage is 48, but can usually be tweaked up to 58V or so, which is perfect for our needs, with two in series.

See above comment about cc/cv mode. You can't hurt these supplies by connecting them in series or parallel. They'll push their maximum current up to their maximum voltage; less than that, they limit themselves without harm. They're designed to do that safely.

doug, most rack mount units are NOT cc/cv supplies. They pair off current share pins, that way the "highest" one doesnt work harder.
While ive seen a few RC heli guys mention it, none of them actually have shown that it is CC.

They do have a full voltage adjustment if you wire it up, and that can be used with some circuitry to make them CC/CV, but they're not current limiting as is. You cant just wire them in series and use them.

also, they only run off 220, so you'll need that... but considering the wattage, I assume everyone knows that already.
Pages: 1 [2]