• May 04, 2024, 08:48:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: BMW C Evolution Scooter  (Read 4326 times)

punch it Chewie

• View Profile
Re: BMW C Evolution Scooter
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2019, 08:21:27 PM »

I rode it in to work today; yesterday it was raining cats and dogs. I have a 13 mile-ish commute, with 12 on the freeway. It knocked 14% off the battery capacity according to the gauge, riding conservatively. I have moderate traffic that keeps speeds around 70 mph. I took the charger just in case, but not really worried I'd have to use it. My workplace has 3 charging stations that are always full and don't want to have to fight for a charging spot.

This is my first electric motorcycle. I have 2 e-bikes that I converted myself and have enjoyed using those. I still can't get over how quiet and smooth the acceleration is on the BMW after a handful of rides. I like the bike a lot. It gets parked next to my KTM 1190 Adventure, and I'm hoping it offloads a bunch of miles from that bike, which I would call "high-strung" in terms of maintenance (rear tires every 5,000 miles, oil changes, chain slider...)

I'm new at the embedding images thing, so I hope this works...
Here it is!

punch it Chewie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2019, 08:26:14 PM »

Well that didn't seem to work. I will try attaching an image.

Halflife

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2019, 02:03:18 PM »

I have a black long range in the UK. It has 5K miles on it now and I use it primarily for my 42 mile round trip commute to work. Yet to figure out why they are so popular in France but in the UK there is only a few BMW dealers that are able to sell them as they have send their mechanics on the appropriate service and safety training.

I have a number of other bikes, Africa Twin Adventure Sport, R1200RT, Vespa GTS 300 and Lambretta Li. Love them all but would not think of going on any of them when the trip is within range of my C Evolution.

They are not very popular in the UK, partly due to price and partly due to Maxi scooters not being popular here. I have not seem another one on the road in the time I have been riding mine.

Torque is addictive, always being ready to go is brilliant, just roll out of the garage, ride, plug back in when you get home and forget about until the next day. Brilliant. Takes just over 3 hours to charge when I get it home from work, tyres seem to be lasting well and nothing really to go wrong with it.

I have fitted the touring screen as the sporty looking fly screen it comes with is pretty useless here in the UK weather. Also have the BMW top box, comfort seat and the alarm fitted (all the options)

Things I love
Torque, torque, torque - can beat most things away from the lights

It’s a real maxi scooter - by this I mean not just some round town commuter, it will do 85MPH can comfortably carry 6’2” me and the missis plus a loaded up top box

3 year service contract is 250 GBP, basically, other than changing the brake fluid there is nothing to touch on it

Looks are subjective but I think it looks cool

So quiet and smooth

It heavy, strange thing to put in the things I like but it makes the scoot ride really well. Not much difference in ride comfort, event with the smaller wheels, when compared to my bigger bikes

Reverse - have found this so useful

Things I don’t like
Price, although it costs buttons to run you would have to do a lot of miles on the thing to get your money back off the equivalent C650GT which I had before

Locking glove box is Sh&t, sticks all the time, been in under warranty 3 times and now I have just given up on using it.

Weight, although makes it ride well makes it heavy to push about

My nearest dealer is not quite in a return range but fortunately the dealer always lends me a bike and charges it ready for collection
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 02:08:23 PM by Halflife »

cpallenjr

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2019, 12:02:47 PM »

Well that didn't seem to work. I will try attaching an image.

Hey there Chewie, welcome aboard. I'm with you on the double benefit saving wear and tear on the adventure bike - I have a BMW R1200GSA and it is so much harder to force that bike into duty as a commuter, grocery getter, and errand runner. I think many people don't realize what they are missing. I noticed on the picture that you have the touring shield - that's a great option.

C Allen
Seattle, WA
2017 BMW C Evolution
2016 BMW R1200GSA

punch it Chewie

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2019, 08:34:40 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm pretty sure I have the standard windscreen. It  comes just to the top of the side mirrors and looks like the screen in all of BMW's stock photos, with the concave top.

shiggins

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2019, 01:20:56 AM »

I've had my BMW C evolution for almost 2 years.  In that time, I have not been to a gas station once (I have two cars that I should sell)!   I'm in SF and ride almost exclusively here short of the odd cross bay trip. 

I have a little more than 10k on my bike and it is hands down the most fun I've had on a two wheeler.  Torque, Torque, Torque!

It costs a little more that $2 to charge and I get around 65 miles per charge.  I've changed to solar for my electricity, so I have almost ZERO carbon footprint! 8) 8) 8)

Crilly

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2019, 04:50:52 AM »

You have a big carbon footprint tell you stop breathing.

shiggins

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2019, 06:00:45 AM »

There is that  8) ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]