• May 10, 2024, 03:30:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Update for Zero App  (Read 4001 times)

PhreaK

• View Profile
Re: Update for Zero App
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 03:47:03 PM »

If anyone from Zero happens to be reading this - if you don't have an app developer on staff, feel free to ship me an SR each year and I'm happy to help you out :)
2014 Zero SR

Patrick Truchon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 05:57:16 AM »

Lots of good ideas here!  I hope Zero finds a few easy ones to implement and updates their app soon.  I summarized most of the ideas so far and sorted them into two broad categories back on the first post.

Anything else?
Owned:  2013 Zero DS (now dead)
Test rode:  2014 Zero S, SR, 2015 Zero FX, 2016 DSR and FXS
http://ptruchon.pagekite.me/

Patrick Truchon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2015, 07:21:57 AM »

I just finished watching the latest ZeroCast and Abe mentioned that the app was one of their next areas of focus.  You've said multiple times that you read the forums to get input from us, so I thought I'd make it easier by pumping this thread back to the top.   ;)

Cheers guys!

Update: for some reason, when I put a live link to the Zero Cast page, it works with Preview, but it gets changed when I post it.  Here's a dead link you can copy and paste manually:
Code: [Select]
http://livestream.com/accounts/14139273/events/4442461
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 08:21:59 AM by Patrick Truchon »

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2015, 07:40:59 AM »

Connect via Wifi would be great, too.

+1 on connect via WiFi! When I am in my apartment my bike is always just barely too far away to be connected via bluetooth and check SOC.  WiFi would solve this and allow me to easily check SOC any time while I'm home without going out to the garage. However, I'm pretty sure it would require a hardware upgrade to the bike.

Aside from that, would love to see the option for keyless ignition.

+1 for using the phone to start the bike.  It would be great if I didn't have to get out a key!

The bluetooth connectivity in general needs to get better.  Android allows identification of trusted bluetooth devices that bypass the lock screen when connected to the phone.  I want my bike to be a trusted device so that I don't have to enter my passcode when I pull out the phone quick at a light or stop sign to check the map etc.  This requires that the bike maintain connection with my phone at all times while the bike is ON....even if the rider screen isn't up.
2014 Zero S

Patrick Truchon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 10:10:59 AM »

With the recent update, I thought I'd bump this one back up.  It'd be nice for the next update to be more feature rich.

DanyEarth

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2016, 07:09:59 PM »

I'm experiencing problems with the app. It always crashes when I switch from imperial system to metric system. Does anybody here experience the same issue? Because it's driving me crazy, I have the bike in metric system and the app in the imperial system. Everytime I try to change it it just crashes. I've tried in several phones, reinstalling the app, even in demo mode. Nothing worked. I remember that the first time I connected the bike it worked, but at some point it simply crashed.

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2016, 05:38:42 PM »

I don't have a zero but I have app on both android and apple phone.
I can change in setting back and forth between English and metric settings.
And adjust sliders and change screens.
What mobile is and phone are you using?

jef.jakobs

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2016, 10:23:30 PM »

I've solved problems like that with other apps by simply removing the app from the phone, and then reinstalling it. Might be worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2016, 11:13:37 PM »

I do not have a mount so I rarely use the driving screen (unzip and push lid into tank, drop phone on top to diagnose early temperature issue) but I am sure more features there may entice me to buy that mount.

Bought the mount.

LeftieBiker

• 42 Years of Motorcycling - 13 years with EVs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2016, 04:19:58 AM »

My app doesn't want to update, and I can't find a setting for allowing or blocking that on my phone. Any ideas? Do I have to uninstall it and then reinstall a fresh download?
EV Ownership:

2001 Oxygen Lepton
2008 X-Treme XM-3000
2011 ZEV 5000LA
2015 Zero SR
Too many electric bicycles to list, mostly EZIP

LeftieBiker

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2016, 06:25:18 AM »

I can now answer this one myself. If you don't have your device set to auto-update apps, then you go to the Play store, search and touch the Zero app icon, and then select "Update" instead of "Download." So the setting can be changed while at the Play store, or you can, as I did, just update the app(s) you want, leaving auto-update off.
EV Ownership:

2001 Oxygen Lepton
2008 X-Treme XM-3000
2011 ZEV 5000LA
2015 Zero SR

CrashCash

• Denizen of Doom since '88
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2016, 06:56:02 AM »

My app doesn't want to update, and I can't find a setting for allowing or blocking that on my phone. Any ideas? Do I have to uninstall it and then reinstall a fresh download?
Is it fruity or robotic flavour phone? On my Android, I have automatic updates blocked, so I have to go to Google Play app -> "My Apps & Games" and tap it to update. (Updates blocked as I don't want Firefox to update)

The auto update setting is in the Google Play app settings as a checkbox for "Auto-update apps" at the very top.

Uninstall/reinstall won't hurt. The current Zero Android app version is 1.3.6 (under Settings -> Apps -> Downloaded" and scroll all the way down and tap it to see the version.
'07 FJR-1300 & '15 Zero SR

LeftieBiker

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2016, 08:19:22 AM »

As I wrote above, I was able to update the app. Now I'll see if it still works ok. I could only get one log to download with the old version. Does the new one download two?
EV Ownership:

2001 Oxygen Lepton
2008 X-Treme XM-3000
2011 ZEV 5000LA
2015 Zero SR

CrashCash

• Denizen of Doom since '88
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2016, 10:56:38 AM »

The new one gives me options as to which (or all) logs to download. Takes a while to download them all.
'07 FJR-1300 & '15 Zero SR

Semper Why

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2016, 05:46:09 AM »

This is just a tiny addition to the app, but I would really like it: When you connect to the bike via your phone, have it set the clock on the bike to match the one on the phone. No more messing around with press-hold-release-press-pressagain and the like. And it would eliminate the need to do it all again every time Daylight Savings Time does its thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3