• May 12, 2024, 02:32:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: SR/F observations and questions  (Read 7038 times)

Zoom

• View Profile
Re: SR/F observations and questions
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2019, 10:41:29 PM »

Those range values do sound bad, though any period of 85mph+ speeds are absolutely going to rip through your battery.  Speed vs. consumption is always a steep curve with EVs.  If it’s not too personal, could you post your weight?  The rider is a significant contributor to the overall mass the bike has to move, so I’m a bit curious.

EDoggN

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2019, 10:44:46 PM »

Yeah...the range reported here is a real bummer.  This has made me re-evaluate the feasibility of owning one of these bikes :(

vinceherman

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2019, 11:01:27 PM »

Yes, 51% on Monday, using much throttle keeping up with the high speed lane traffic. 85+mph at times. The majority between 75 and 85.
Yesterday 40% for the same trip staying (mostly) out of the high speed lane.
Today, same trip saw only 36% used BUT this trip included accident traffic so 15 minutes was at 10ish mph.  Lets say 3 miles that would have been at 65 were at 10 instead.  I was working on keeping in the more reasonable traffic and only passing the idiots cautious drivers doing 55 on the interstate.

I do log all of the economy data on a spreadsheet (i do that for my ICE vehicles too).  I sure which I could get at the actual watts data both on the charge and the ride.

Jarrett

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2019, 11:39:41 PM »

Same trip in nearly identical traffic.  51% used at 85+mph.  40% used at 65+mph.

This doesn't surprise me.  During my demo of the SR/F,  I started 56% and went 30 miles at guessing 40 mph and returned with 22%.  I did a lot of full throttle pulls in there as well.  34% used at 40mph seems to be about on par with what you are getting as well.

The limited range issue is starting to make me wonder about my Zero ownership.  I don't mind it so much on the FX, but certainly makes me wonder about keeping my DSR.

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2019, 02:40:12 AM »

Same trip in nearly identical traffic.  51% used at 85+mph.  40% used at 65+mph.

This doesn't surprise me.  During my demo of the SR/F,  I started 56% and went 30 miles at guessing 40 mph and returned with 22%.  I did a lot of full throttle pulls in there as well.  34% used at 40mph seems to be about on par with what you are getting as well.

The limited range issue is starting to make me wonder about my Zero ownership.  I don't mind it so much on the FX, but certainly makes me wonder about keeping my DSR.

On my 2017 dsr, I  typically get 130+ miles around town averaging 35-40mph. It cost $1.04 to recharge from empty. That's less than 1 cent per mile. A typical ice bike will cost 6-8 times that much just in fuel. My dsr is perfect for my intended use.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2019, 04:01:19 AM »

Here's a pic without the fly screen. Definately looks better with.
Thanks. I guess it's called a fly screen because that is about the size of it. So it does have it and is the premium model. It's just so mickey-mouse that nobody will even notice it as a screen at all.

Can the seat be raised? I took another look at the bike today and I see the pegs cannot be adjusted. But if the seat can be raised a couple of inches, that will help me with the pegs being up too high.

-Don-  Cold Springs Valley, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2019, 12:42:14 PM »

Zero has both a seat that is almost an inch higher and one that is an inch lower than the standard seat.

AF1racing has the part up on their website

https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=97894&sku=ZM27-08107&description=Zero+MC%27s+Driver+Saddle+Tall+%2D+ZM27%2D08096

I guess it would indeed solve any issues one would have with cramped legs.

Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2019, 04:34:00 PM »

Zero has both a seat that is almost an inch higher and one that is an inch lower than the standard seat.

https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=97894&sku=ZM27-08107&description=Zero+MC%27s+Driver+Saddle+Tall+%2D+ZM27%2D08096

I bought one of those seats from AF1 a couple of weeks ago and put it side-by-side with the original on a table and it is indeed about 1 inch taller but I got to say, I did not feel any difference while riding the bike.
One inch is just not enough increase in height to make a noticeable difference (perhaps a minuscule one) but at least it was a move in the right direction.
Now, I didn't change it to alleviate cramped legs, just trying to have the legs less bent while sitting on the bike. I am 6' tall.
I am afraid lowering the pegs would be the only solution but it doesn't bother me too much at this time.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 04:41:39 PM by NetPro »
2020 Zero SR/F

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2019, 07:38:59 PM »

I bought one of those seats from AF1 a couple of weeks ago and put it side-by-side with the original on a table and it is indeed about 1 inch taller but I got to say, I did not feel any difference while riding the bike.
One inch is just not enough increase in height to make a noticeable difference (perhaps a minuscule one) but at least it was a move in the right direction.
Now, I didn't change it to alleviate cramped legs, just trying to have the legs less bent while sitting on the bike. I am 6' tall.
I am afraid lowering the pegs would be the only solution but it doesn't bother me too much at this time.

There are various generic seat pads available on the market that would also help to raise the seating position a bit. Things such as Air Hawk pads, pads made of memory foam, wooden bead pads and sheepskin covers.  You could also take your seat to an auto upholster and have it recovered over thicker foam.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2019, 08:26:08 PM »

Tipped my SF/F over in the driveway this morning.  It just rolled off the stand (thought it was flat, but not flat enough).  No damage and I was able to stand it up on my own.  Not thrilled with myself.  Anyone else notice any instability on the stand on the SR/F?

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

vinceherman

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2019, 08:45:57 PM »

Anyone else notice any instability on the stand on the SR/F?

Steve
Steve, I used a small bungee loop as a parking brake.
Google 6" bungee ball for a pic.
Worked great.  I kept in in my jacket picket.  I assume it is on the side of the road somewhere.  ::)
I am looking at getting another and keeping it in a more secure location because it does exactly solve the problem.

On a side note, since I put the garage door opener on my keyring, I have not needed to park on my slightly inclined driveway.

Edit: it does not take much incline to make the bike think about rolling off the stand.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 08:47:31 PM by vinceherman »

gadgetgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2019, 08:49:57 PM »

Tipped my SF/F over in the driveway this morning.  It just rolled off the stand (thought it was flat, but not flat enough).  No damage and I was able to stand it up on my own.  Not thrilled with myself.  Anyone else notice any instability on the stand on the SR/F?

Steve

My dealership warned me about it, and suggested I use hairbands over the front brake/throttle as a makeshift parking brake. It works well.
Current: 2020 SR/F Premium Seabright Blue (J1772)
Former: 2011 VRSCDX Sedona Orange

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2019, 10:24:27 PM »

Steve
Was the bike facing down or up the slight incline?

Wondering if the risk is the same regardless of the incline's direction.
One would think that if the bike is pointing up a (slight) hill the chances of it tipping is less than if it is the other way, just because the kick stand can collapse if the bike moves slightly forward and the kick stand does not.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:27:25 PM by NetPro »
2020 Zero SR/F

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2019, 10:54:59 PM »

I have been using a Velcro strip around my front brake lever for years to keep my Zero rolling down an incline.  Zero should really come up with a parking brake solution, as many inexpensive automatic scooters use.  ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2019, 11:46:25 PM »

Zero sells this: https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_4&products_id=205

I bought one to go with the SR/F I had on order but it works just as well on my EsseEsse9. Only $10 for a slick little doodad.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 01:19:20 AM by BigPoppa »
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9