• May 05, 2024, 12:45:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero SR + GoPro Session + NZ Coast  (Read 843 times)

mistasam

• View Profile
    • newzeroland
Zero SR + GoPro Session + NZ Coast
« on: April 22, 2016, 01:04:05 AM »

Took the Zero for a ride down the coast to test out my new GoPro.  Lots of wind noise, but I like this chin mount location.  See watcha think!

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Zero SR + GoPro Session + NZ Coast
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 01:18:39 AM »

If I were not living very close to California's Pacific coast, I'd be way more envious. Keep it up!
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 02:10:55 AM »

Man, it'd take me a while to adjust to riding on the wrong side of the street like that!

I just got a helmet cam, and I get nothing but wind noise, too. I suppose that's to be expected, but it's annoying. I do like that you're able to see your dashboard, though, I can't quite see mine with the cam up higher. What's your camera's field of view? Maybe it's just wider than mine, which is 125 degrees (I believe horizontally). I'm toying with the idea of figuring out how to mound my camera on my chest, so I could see the dashboard, and maybe the wind noise would be less of a problem behind the windscreen, too.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 03:20:11 AM »

I didn't have a problem switching the side of the road to drive on, EXCEPT when at an intersection in the middle of nowhere with no cars around, I sometimes pulled into the wrong lane before my brain panicked and made me switch.

For the most part, motorcycle controls stay where they are so you just flip your instinct to pull to the right over to the left and everything else works around that. I think I'd do much worse in a car.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

mistasam

• View Profile
    • newzeroland
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 08:52:58 AM »

Man, it'd take me a while to adjust to riding on the wrong side of the street like that!

I just got a helmet cam, and I get nothing but wind noise, too. I suppose that's to be expected, but it's annoying. I do like that you're able to see your dashboard, though, I can't quite see mine with the cam up higher. What's your camera's field of view? Maybe it's just wider than mine, which is 125 degrees (I believe horizontally). I'm toying with the idea of figuring out how to mound my camera on my chest, so I could see the dashboard, and maybe the wind noise would be less of a problem behind the windscreen, too.

You'd be surprised!  It's easy on a bike.  And the camera is a GoPro Hero 4 Session, those little ones:

I love it, but yea the GoPro chest mount is way better for wind.  I just couldn't use it for leaning over (going to the track tomorrow).  I have another GoPro on the back with an external microphone, so we'll see how that turns out!

mistasam

• View Profile
    • newzeroland
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 08:54:16 AM »

If I were not living very close to California's Pacific coast, I'd be way more envious. Keep it up!

I feel ya!  Two years ago I did a road trip following the coast from SF all the way to Vancouver.  So epic.  I miss California a lot, but when the weather is nice in NZ, it's paradise  ;D

PhreaK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 10:03:05 AM »

Driving along a street is fine. It's roundabouts that get me. I may of may not have gone round one the 'wrong' way first time I headed to the US.
2014 Zero SR
Pages: [1]