• May 04, 2024, 09:03:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New and need help  (Read 1557 times)

Bbking

• View Profile
New and need help
« on: November 07, 2020, 12:57:34 AM »

So let me start by saying I’m very new to working with batteries, motors, and controllers. I’ve been looking at building an electric bike and I’ve decided to go with a frame you can buy online. I started looking for a hub motor and controller but I don’t know where to look, I don’t know any brands to look up or any reference sites that show the specs for different model motors or controllers to compare. Does anyone have experience with any motors or controller brands you can recommend me to look into. I’m very new I’m just trying to find a good place  to start looking for these.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: New and need help
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 01:50:22 AM »

Hi welcome aboard.
There are a few people on here who make their own project bikes but for the most part we own manufactured bikes and tweak them.

You may want to try over at Endless Sphere.  They do a lot of DIY projects.

Someone may chime in with some more info but it's just not the main focus of this forum.

We'll tell you all about Zeros and Energicas and Harleys though.  Good luck.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 04:55:55 AM »

Here is another good source for information on building an electric motorcycle: http://www.elmoto.net/
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Bbking

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 03:39:24 AM »

Thanks for the help I had never heard of those sites. They are really helpful so far. I own a 2019 Alta exr and a 2017 ktm eride I love them both but unfortunately there’s no real way to tweak them like you speak of and that’s half the fun so I’m diving in to build my own so I can tweak it.
Pages: [1]