• May 04, 2024, 12:19:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sacrificing 2013 Zero S 12.5 KWH for golfcart converrsion.  (Read 1074 times)

MorbidBBQ

• View Profile
Sacrificing 2013 Zero S 12.5 KWH for golfcart converrsion.
« on: September 17, 2023, 08:28:00 AM »

Does anyone here have experience with golf carts? 

If I can't get a decent price for my 2013 Zero S, I want to put in drivetrain parts to a golfcart to make it really fly.  Most golfcarts are 25-35 MPH, but with the zero motor, controller, and battery I can only imagine how it could fly down the road.

Yes, I know the other systems would need significant upgrades as well if I wanted that kind of performance.  Suspension, brakes...etc.

But is it reasonably feasible?
2013 Zero S
2007 Yamaha FZ6
2005 Ninja 250
1983 Honda CSR

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Sacrificing 2013 Zero S 12.5 KWH for golfcart converrsion.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 04:14:35 PM »

They already make golf carts that can do 60 mph.  EZ Go and the other major brands, I can't remember the other one right now in the US.

There is a reason they only do 20 to 30 mph tops when really wound out.  It's doable but is it safe you should be asking.
The protection for the equipment is not there either, the batteries are going to get beat to shit in a golf cart and your gearboxes might not be able to handle the torque that motor can put out.

Google it, there are forums for people who have essentially just that with their golf carts, maybe not the zero but huge engines etc.

Aaron
Pages: [1]