• May 05, 2024, 12:30:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hybrid conversion - How to start?  (Read 4662 times)

caza

• View Profile
Re: Hybrid conversion - How to start?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2020, 07:32:55 AM »

Wow that is a really cool project. Thanks for sharing.

Got any pictures of the full bike?
2015 Zero SR + Power Tank

DerKrawallkeks

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2020, 02:55:15 PM »

@TheRan yes it's the same place that the starter was before. It had a chain and one way bearing, I put a htd timing belt. Yes the new motor can start the engine (with 1:1 reduction, very impressive what Hall sensors can do).
Yes, I don't call it regen, I call it charging. As soon as you don't use the boost, it immediately starts charging.

@caza here are some more pictures and a video clip

caza

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2020, 12:34:15 AM »

Thanks for the pics and video. Really cool little bike you've got yourself there. Would love to see a race against the stock bike.
2015 Zero SR + Power Tank

DerKrawallkeks

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2020, 01:13:02 AM »

No problem, I like it a lot myself:) I actually raced a 110cc Dax (same bike but 110 instead of 50cc), and it is faster at just 80A (of 100)

DerKrawallkeks

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2021, 02:45:59 AM »

Hey,

I recently put together a proper video (kind of..) of the Hybrid Dax.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2021, 03:19:31 AM »

You're really committed when you're rewinding a motor!  Wow.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

craigster

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2021, 11:33:43 PM »

I ended up building a "hybrid" motorcycle back in 2019 as part of a school project. I put "hybrid" in quotations since I was not able to engineer the bike to run on the ICE while also battery. This bike will run full electric till depleted and then park, the generator turns on an recharges the bike. I realize this is a bit counter productive. Ideally it would be able to use battery until depleted and then the ICE generator would be able to run and power the bike (while staying mobile). My bike was not designed to that level of engineering but holds the principles that it could be accomplished with some additional systems. Anyways, I ended up using a 2010 Triumph America chassis, the electronics from a 2010 Zero S (batteries, motor, controller, etc.), a 4kW generac generator, custom made aluminum 72 tooth rear sprocket, cycle analyst, the Zero's Delta q charger, and a Meanwell RSP 3000 (Which I didn't end up using). With a 17 tooth front sprocket it ended up reaching a top speed of 81km/h. In total, it travelled 22.24km, at an average of 57.43 km/h and consumed 1891.5Wh. While maintaining 80km/h, the motor required 6338W and consumed 79.17Wh/km. These batteries unfortunately were tired and so only at about approximately 50% their original capacity.

This was a very fun project, I learned a lot, and was a really fun bike to ride! Unfortunately the bike has sat since, and now the battery pack has low voltage and not accepting a charge. It would be a really cool project to throw some leaf packs or newer technology into the bike but for now I do not have the time or money to do so. If anyone locally is interested in seeing it or purchasing the bike (for parts or upgrade) I'd be more than happy to connect. I also have plenty of pictures etc. happy to share.

Keep building and enjoying friends!

DerKrawallkeks

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2022, 08:56:37 PM »

Very cool, thanks for sharing!
Pages: 1 [2]