• May 05, 2024, 07:14:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Streetbike's 2014 DS Police Bikes  (Read 10070 times)

Testpilot1

• Testpilot1 / Charlie Boorman '' Long Way Down ''
    • View Profile
Re: Streetbike's 2014 DS Police Bikes
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2016, 02:51:45 AM »

I wish I did mostlybonkers !!!!!!........ the crap of it is ,is that I had already forwarded OLEV's line to the MP's assistant, and asked for any new upto date information,all I got  back was basically what I sent her over a month ago !!!!!!
What a bunch of clowns !!!!!
Anyway what's the latest on your DSP ? Have they got you sorted yet ?

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2016, 03:02:09 AM »

That's frustrating. It's just another example of power corrupting. They don't care and they aren't under any pressure to deliver. Shame on them!

I meant to call Streetbike today but didn't get round to it. I hear they're swamped with Suzuki and Yamaha recalls, so I'm keeping my expectations low. It would be nice to have the DSP back soon though. There was a long queue at the petrol station tonight...

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2016, 03:15:36 AM »

Wow I've got alarm bells ringing ,with everything I'm reading on here, Zero need to sort these chargers......

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2016, 05:01:28 AM »

DSP Not Charging - First Major Failure
Thought I'd chip in with my experience; looks like my 2015 has suffered the dreaded charger failure, not just once, but twice. The replacement charger didn't even manage a single cycle before blowing again.

Streetbike have been their usual fantastic selves, and I'm starting to feel sorry for Andy the van driver having to take a scenic tour of suffolk this often. You'd hope that Zero would at least ensure the replacement parts are defect free, but it seems that might not be the case.

Does the 2016 suffer from this?
http://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=5463.msg39666#msg39666

This post bothered me too.

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2016, 04:41:37 AM »

This might bother you more on the reliability side of things,this was someone I was talking to on the Zero owners Facebook page,check his last comment its a bit of a eye opener........

https://m.facebook.com/groups/111611975574686?view=permalink&id=955872781148597&comment_id=957160574353151&_rdr#957160574353151

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2016, 04:56:33 AM »

This might bother you more on the reliability side of things,this was someone I was talking to on the Zero owners Facebook page,check his last comment its a bit of a eye opener........

https://m.facebook.com/groups/111611975574686?view=permalink&id=955872781148597&comment_id=957160574353151&_rdr#957160574353151

I don't do Facebook and they want me to log in, so I didn't see the comment.  Can you post what it was? Thank you.  :)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2016, 05:11:27 AM »

I don't do Facebook and they want me to log in, so I didn't see the comment.  Can you post what it was? Thank you.  :)

It's listing a litany of failures on the owner's 2012 model.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2016, 05:30:07 AM »

This is the comment  on Facebook I was on about:

Wesley Oke

I've said (reluctantly) that I'd pay to upgrade my 2012 S to a 2014 because it has been laughably unreliable. Streetbike told me they expect the incentives in April, although one never knows with government.

Unlike · 1 · Reply · Report · Feb 14 at 9:49pm

Gareth Wilkinson

Your reliability issue has got alarm bells ringing wes,how unreliable are we talking ?

Like · Reply · Edit · Monday at 1:02am

Wesley Oke

They're now replacing the second motor. I've also had two replacement BMS boards and a new MBB board. The bearings just went on my frame and have to be replaced. This was in 1.5 years; the bike has less than 5000 miles. Hoping the 2014 will be better!

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2016, 05:55:45 AM »

This is the comment  on Facebook I was on about:

Wesley Oke

I've said (reluctantly) that I'd pay to upgrade my 2012 S to a 2014 because it has been laughably unreliable. Streetbike told me they expect the incentives in April, although one never knows with government.

Unlike · 1 · Reply · Report · Feb 14 at 9:49pm

Gareth Wilkinson

Your reliability issue has got alarm bells ringing wes,how unreliable are we talking ?

Like · Reply · Edit · Monday at 1:02am

Wesley Oke

They're now replacing the second motor. I've also had two replacement BMS boards and a new MBB board. The bearings just went on my frame and have to be replaced. This was in 1.5 years; the bike has less than 5000 miles. Hoping the 2014 will be better!

The 2012 S that I gave my daughter when I bought my 2014 S is still working well for her. It did need its throttle assembly replaced at 300 miles, though.  She keeps it plugged in all of the time, as did I when I owned it. It has about 10K miles on it so far. My 2014 S has been flawless once the power tank was replaced by Zero, shortly after I bought the bike. So far nothing that I have bought from Zero has cause me any grief - which is something that I can't say about the BMW motorcycles that I have been buying ever since 1985.   ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2016, 01:51:41 PM »

That's funny, I just posted on Facebook in response and I was half expecting Richard to pipe in.

I think the big difference is climate. It's nice to hear good news though.

I hope Wesley joins us, as I feel he'll get some good support from the community here. I don't think Facebook is great for that.

My DSP is back from Streetbike and I'm looking forward to riding it again. It's half term so children are putting a hold on that for the next few days.

As for the subsidy, we're in similar territory as before Christmas now. If they don't do something very soon it might be another six months to dovetail with new registrations.

Testpilot1

• View Profile

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2016, 10:37:20 PM »

Got this from Streetbike today,after emailing them thanking them for holding out till now,and that I realized it was now decision time.............OUTSTANDING,I CAN'T  PRAISE STREETBIKE ENOUGH

Hi Gareth,

Yes as usual when it involves getting cash out of the government we get lots of promises and little in the way of substance.

We are happy to hold on to the bike until this is resolved either by the grant becoming available or by a shock U-turn on a previously promised grant.

The last official statement was this

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-revs-up-motorcycle-market

Now the minister of state for energy Matt Hancock has moved on to new position into a cabinet post.

The Minister for transport Baroness Kramer seems to have retired to the house of lords.

So it’s now up to whoever replaced them to make a decision and sign the whole thing off.

This may be the sticking point as we do not currently have a Minster of state for energy and have not had since Matt Hancock left the office.

So it is probably now up to the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change Amber Rudd to actually do something.

As you can tell I am personally a bit hacked off with the situation the government have left us both in. It wouldn’t be so bad if they let you apply for the grant retrospectively and let us get you onto the bike now.

As it is if you take the bike now and they announce the grant a week later you would be out of pocket.

So as it is now we have a couple of options

Fund the bike and deliver it without the grant.

Wait for the grant and fund it then and deliver the bike.

If you wanted to cancel the deal due to the delay in the grant I would refund your deposit.

However it turns out we will be happy to accommodate whatever you decide to do.

Kind regards

Charlie Kehoe

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2016, 12:49:28 AM »

Got this from Streetbike today,after emailing them thanking them for holding out till now,and that I realized it was now decision time.............OUTSTANDING,I CAN'T  PRAISE STREETBIKE ENOUGH

I couldn't agree with you more about Streetbike Gareth.  They earnt a lot of goodwill with me. It helps when there are problems. In fact I probably wouldn't have bothered to go and find my broken belt for anyone else. Charlie K is a genuinely good guy. I've been impressed by him a few times.

It's even more difficult to predict what will happen now than it was back in January.  There have been two significant opportunities to announce the subsidy since. Both missed. An announcement might be followed by a wait for implementation in September.

If I was in your shoes I'd suck it up and go for it. You'll be able to make the most of the summer. If your latest email is anything to go by I doubt anything will happen soon. It's all very awkward. We can speculate all we like.

What hasn't changed in the last six months is the fact that it's a great bike at a good price with all the warranties.

Hopefully you've got some more information from my posts now too. You know what to expect. I'm happy to say that I love my DSP despite the teething troubles. It really is something special. Get yours before someone else pitches up and pays cash. Just my tuppence worth. :)

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2017, 04:11:28 AM »

Just looked at the last comment on this thread,what a difference 10 months makes lol.I see the long awaited subsidy is now in, so make the most of it guys, take it from someone that missed out.
Well I took ' Mostly's ' advice and bit the bullet, and got my DSP last May.Since sold it several months ago after having several near misses with wildlife ( Deer,badgers etc ) I believe down to a combination of the time of day I rode ( late at night on the way home from work) and the quietness .
I made a decision,that someone was trying to tell me something,and got rid.
In hignsight, I probably acted a tad hastily, but that said ,I do think the quietness is an issue and these things should be fitted with some noise generating device ( jet sound whistle )
I have since found things on the market,whistles that country folk fit to their landrovers to scare deer off etc.
Anyway,if anyone's considering trading in their DSP with Streetbike for the latest model, spare me a thought , they might give you a extra discount and offset it on their price of the traded in DSP.They know I'm after one.
I hold my hands up, I made a mistake 🏍
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 04:14:14 AM by Testpilot1 »

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 05, 2017, 12:40:00 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that Testpilot.  I've hit a fox on mine, but that was the only incident. Most of my riding is on main roads that wildlife keep away from.

I'm glad you posted though, I've been wondering what happened and how you were getting on. Mystery solved!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11