• May 05, 2024, 08:27:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: UPDATE: It's been 1+1/2 year since my accident and my Zero is still not repaired  (Read 2890 times)

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile

Hi Burton,
I've made the "in Europe" modification.
I have contacted the insurrance but they just rely on the fact that the motorcycle is economically repairable. And here in France don't even think about a lawsuit for that kind of small thing !!!
No 2013 in stock for part swap unfortunatly
I don't remember exactly which parts were not on the website but my dealer received ZERO part, even the ones he could order.
Have a safe ride
Laurent

GBEV

• View Profile

Le Z Turbo my advice is start a new thread, Zero uninsurable in Europe (even if lightly damaged). Link it to this thread.
Does your insurance company record your calls? If so ( I make sure they do before speaking to them) Ask your insurance company for all emails letters  and calls on audio CD and ask for transcripts-text documents.
In Britain is called a "Subject access request" under data protection act.
We have to pay £10 for the info and they have 40 working days to supply it. I assume in France is simillar. Then go to ombudsman or French equivelent (google) with you details and after 3-6 months you get paid out big money including if you ask for it costs for replacement mortorcycle you should have been provided which you were denied through no fault on your part. The last bit is important as it can be more than the cost to repair. Done it 3 times successfully here. Insurance will expect you to give up easily. Don't it pays very well if you are the last on the pile to deal with. :D

Hope that helps.
Bon voyage.
Any trouble let me know and I will buy collect and fix your bike if it is possible. I do that with aeroplanes so no trouble to me ;)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 03:19:40 AM by GBEV »

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
Re: It's been 1 year since my accident and my Zero is still not repaired !!!
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2016, 01:52:31 PM »

To keep you posted......
After 1 year and a half my bike is still not repaired !!!
The fork was changed and we agree on just a paint job on the frame because changing the frame was first a heavy uncommon work (many electrical wires with which my dealer is unfamiliar) and second because it will mean sending back the frame to the US to have the same frame number. I'm in France
But..... after installing the new fork the front wheel was too rearward meaning the frame is bent and need replacement..... OH DEAR !
My dealer is no Zero dealer anymore, the dealer where I bought my Zero either and no one wants to touch the electrical part of the bike !

There's gonna be a European Zero reunion next week where I hope they will discuss my case. My bike has to be sent back to Holland for the battery warranty replacement.
Hope a solution will come out of this. I'm ridding another petrol bike in the meantime and i'd like to go back to electric....

Have a good week-end !
Laurent

Fred

• View Profile

Surely the bent frame and the time taken mean it must be a write off? Here on the UK it would be, and the insurance company will often let you buy the bike fit a fraction of its cost. Considering the fact that the undamaged batteries are a large part of the bike's value this could work out a good deal.

I'd push for getting it written off if you can.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950
Pages: 1 2 [3]