• May 10, 2024, 11:17:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: VIN Label missing - probably fallen off  (Read 306 times)

UlsterZero

• View Profile
VIN Label missing - probably fallen off
« on: July 11, 2021, 08:05:49 PM »

Hi Guys,

Was just checking over my SR in advance of it's MOT (Roadworthiness Inspection), and I noticed the VIN label is missing.  There seems to be some small bits of adhesive residue remaining where the label was, so I assume it has fallen off.  Indeed all the other labels around the head stock for emissions, EU type approval, tyre pressure etc. are also missing!

Has anyone else experienced this happening?  The bike has never been washed by pressure washer so I have to assume they just weren't that well attached in the first place!

I don't believe this will affect the MOT inspection, as the VIN is etched into the frame, but if it does, are these labels easily obtainable?  I assume the VIN one would have to be printed with the correct number from the factory, but the others would be just standard.

Ulster Zero

Too little too late

• View Profile
Re: VIN Label missing - probably fallen off
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 08:38:24 PM »

When I bought my S and was trying to register it at the Department of Motor Vehicles, they couldn't find the federal compliance sticker. There was no evidence that it was ever there. I called Zero and they had an entire set of labels on my doorstep the next day. When I pealed and applied the new label, the adhesive was marginal at best. I didn't think it would be there for very long. That was a couple of years ago and surprisingly it's still there. So make that call to Zero and they should take care of it for you in no time.

UlsterZero

• View Profile
Re: VIN Label missing - probably fallen off
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 09:13:16 PM »

When I bought my S and was trying to register it at the Department of Motor Vehicles, they couldn't find the federal compliance sticker. There was no evidence that it was ever there. I called Zero and they had an entire set of labels on my doorstep the next day. When I pealed and applied the new label, the adhesive was marginal at best. I didn't think it would be there for very long. That was a couple of years ago and surprisingly it's still there. So make that call to Zero and they should take care of it for you in no time.

Thanks for the info...  I will give them a call, unfortunately, I'll have to go though Zero Europe first...  If that doesn't work, I'll try California directly...

Ulster Zero
Pages: [1]