• May 08, 2024, 05:48:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Whats Fair? - negotiating with Zero after SR/F failures  (Read 493 times)

petewarm

• View Profile
Whats Fair? - negotiating with Zero after SR/F failures
« on: January 20, 2020, 03:32:35 AM »

I have had a pretty bad start with my SR/F.

Mostly all seemed to be the issues with the firmware update In November, just after I got the bike, but there were some weird things before then such as the emergency flashers coming on and refusing to turn off as I rode along.

After The Firmware (ATF !) so many things reported on this forum happened: the mennakes charger plug locked in and wouldn't release; the bike simply wouldn't go , despite being at 91%SoC. 2 days later, early January,  it booted fine So i rode it to dealers. On the way I had so many error codes and warnings I thought I was lucky to get there. Its now been "there"until a few days ago, when I agreed to have it back with assurances that it was now OK, and I should "ignore" the error messages, they would be fixed by the next firmware update.

Then all changed last Friday, the day after I agreed to take it back: I had a call from the dealer saying that Zero EU HQ wanted the bike back, and it would be another 3 weeks.  So I'm feeling that I love the bike, but in 3 months it will be spending more time unavailable (dead at home or at dealers) than I am happy with.  I ended up saying to the dealer to take the bike to the EU HQ and get it fixed once and for all.  However I'm basically pissed that a £20k bike is basically not available to use.  Plus of course all my mates are now referring to my "unicorn"...

My question is what should I do?  To some extent I accept that its a alpha (beta?) thing, but actually that doesn't really help.  I suggested to the dealer that they could offer me a cheap charge tank installation when its back at Zero, and perhaps they could lend me another bike.  Ill ring them tomorrow to see what they say.

Anyone got any advice on dealing with Zero EU HQ?

Thanks

pete

PS: The bikes brilliant, just needs a charge tank and fairing, I kinda knew that but wasn't expecting the faulty software/electronics.

2019 SR/F premium blue - weeeeee! - now with rapid charge :-)
5 years no driving with defibrillator
2002 Honda VFR 750
15 years raise a family
1970 Triumph 350 speed twin school commute

bandanabob

• View Profile
Re: Whats Fair? - negotiating with Zero after SR/F failures
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 06:53:17 AM »

Most dealers have demo bikes, be nice to get a loner. Or maybe some zero merch and discounted accessories for the inconvenience. Not unreasonable in my opinion but most major manufacturers just don’t care. Be courteous and patient with them I believe they will make it right.
I just got an sr/f less than a month ago and Love It. I got 300 miles on it but Pennsylvania weather this time of year is nasty with salt and ice. I haven’t wanted to ride a motorcycle this bad for a long time.
2020 Zero sr/f
1990 Harley fxrs

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 07:34:18 AM »

I would negotiate for a replacement bike.

They want it, they can replace it.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

Starpower

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 10:18:56 PM »

I'm with Crissa, get a new bike.
'13 Zero S 12.5 100% Solar charged, '14 BMW S1000R, '23 Admit Jet Armor, '21 Ninja 400, '21 WR250R

Calidave

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 12:52:35 PM »

I agree. You paid for a functioning bike. Zero should provide one.
Pages: [1]