Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2012 and older

Zero S 2011 not starting after a long winter.

(1/4) > >>

Digudi:
Hello to everyone.

My name is Richard and I have a zero s 2011 here in Canada.
Last fall I used my zero S and sometimes when it was too cold the motorcycle stall and after a few seconds come back alive.
The winter arrived and I stored the bike in a warm place connected to electricity for about 4 months.
Last week I left the warm garage and went to a lil ride of 5 miles when the bike just stalls and I turn off and on again but no more lights in the dash, just heard a click down in the battery and the dash red LED blinks 2 times then 4 times.

Any clue what it can be?

I've  been checked all the fuses and none of them are burned.

Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

honey_badger:
Have you checked the owners manual to see what the fault code means?

From what you describe it's either a battery/bms issue or a contactor issue.

Digudi:
Thank you for the answer. The owner manual says contact zero to check BMS

Digudi:
I measured the battery yesterday after buying a multimeter. And before charge it show 55volts after charging I see the same 55volts, I unplugged the 10 pins connection from the battery and measured it in the pin 5 and pin 10.
After replugged this same cables and turned the key on, the errors passed to 2 flashes followed by 1 flash. Turn the key off and on again it goes back to 2 flashes and 4 flashes.  Any clue? Is it correct the  battery generates 55v?.

Thank you

honey_badger:
Hello,

the battery fully charged should show 58.8v.

The battery is divided in 7 banks each should be reading 8.4v fully charged. Chances are one or more banks are reading a low voltage (around 6v or less) and the others are reading around 8.4v.

You can check this with your multimeter.

You can try recharge the banks that are reading a low voltage with a rc charger ( like this one https://hobbyking.com/en_us/imax-b6-50w-5a-charger-discharger-1-6-cells-genuine.html?___store=en_us  or better this one http://www.progressiverc.com/icharger-106b.html )

Let us know what you find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version