Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2012 and older

Zero S 2011 not starting after a long winter.

<< < (3/4) > >>

togo:
Well, that sucks.  Can you measure battery voltage?

Digudi:
Yeah big time, i just measured it and i see 56volts

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

honey_badger:
Hi,

I just rebuilt the battery of my 2011 Zero XU. The battery fully charged should read 58.8v, if it's reading arour 55v you probably have one of 14 modules that are too low in voltage, the BMS senses it and doesn't give the "OK" to start the bike (main contactor will stay off).

I know in my previous post I mentioned 7 modules, but looking closely, each module is composed by 2 strings of cells, so in reality there are 14 modules/cells (string of cells) in series.

The only way to know is to open your pack and measure the voltages. You might bring back to like the string that is low by charging it slowly with a RC charger.

Cheers  8)

Digudi:
Honey_badger thank you very much by the information. I'm just worried about how much it will coast me. Specially because I m in canada. The closest zero dealer is 82 kms away from my house. So no juice and need a truck or trailer to get in there. I did a lot of aeromodels and those batteries follow the same idea as the aeromodels. Any reference where I can ready to perform those tests and maybe rebuild it myself? Thank you

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

honey_badger:
Hi Digudi,

I am in Canada as well. Where are you located? I am not sure a Zero dealer will be able to help. They don't have these batteries anymore and from what I hear they don't know/want to deal with old bikes/batteries.

It would be better to find a local person that knows ebikes/lithium batteries. You might want to check the endless sphere forum on the web and Facebook.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version