• May 06, 2024, 02:26:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SR/F Corbin heated seat ordered  (Read 643 times)

gstrub

• View Profile
SR/F Corbin heated seat ordered
« on: May 14, 2020, 05:03:12 AM »

I pulled the trigger and ordered one. I went for the heated version, with chocolate brown seat/tan leather sides/tail and a red welt.

I’ll post some pics when I get it. Anyone out there have one?

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
Re: SR/F Corbin heated seat ordered
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 01:31:41 AM »

Wow are you following me.   ??? After going back and forth for months that it is too expensive, the stock seats are fine, my ass hurts, the corbin would look so nice, its too expensive, Friday I finally said what the hell.   I also ordered the heated option.  Hey you are spending that much money on a seat, mine as well have a warm ass in the winter.  If they had a massaging model, I may have considered it.  I went with Navy blue seat/tail, gray leather sides to go with the blue SR/F (and my favorite 2 colors).  Now it is just the long wait.  I think I will put a thumb tack pointy side up on my seat between now and then so when the corbin arrives and I make the switch, I will be so much happier that I spent $630 on the seat.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 05:15:50 PM »

Good for you both!
I am sure you'll enjoy it a lot.

Are they made to order or in stock?
2020 Zero SR/F

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 05:42:18 AM »

Good for you both!
I am sure you'll enjoy it a lot.

Are they made to order or in stock?
So I'm guessing once you use the Corbin style configurator and design your own seat, it is going to be a custom make.  Probably they sell so little Zero seats, all are custom made.  Mine was quoted as 4-5 weeks.  They said the heated seats are a little more time.  They are also behind being they had just reopened after the shelter in place restrictions lifted.  So I guess I can wait the 5 weeks.  Hey I've been waiting since March for my power tank to be installed.  I guess during these crazy times we are in, patience is a necessity. 
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Tony_

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 12:16:55 PM »

Looks like a really nice seat, heating sounds awesome. Unfortunately they only ship to USA and Canada.

jonblow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 05:29:41 PM »

Looks like a really nice seat, heating sounds awesome. Unfortunately they only ship to USA and Canada.
There is a Corbin outlet in the uk because I also was interested in this.
Unfortunately they take the michael with the exchange rate because it’s over £1000 here!

gstrub

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 03:03:10 AM »

I got it today. It looks awesome and the heat is great.

I’m not sure it’s more comfortable than stock. Also I slide more on it, I guess to be expected.

Most disappointing is that it doesn’t seem to fit that well. The rear rubber feet won’t fit in the grooves, so you can lift up the passenger component. It also looks like it doesn’t snugly fit along the sidewalls. I sent them an email and some photos, I’ll let you know what they say.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 03:54:23 AM »

I got it today. It looks awesome and the heat is great.

I’m not sure it’s more comfortable than stock. Also I slide more on it, I guess to be expected.

Most disappointing is that it doesn’t seem to fit that well. The rear rubber feet won’t fit in the grooves, so you can lift up the passenger component. It also looks like it doesn’t snugly fit along the sidewalls. I sent them an email and some photos, I’ll let you know what they say.

I have owned several Corbin saddles in the past, going back to the 1980's, that I have installed on my past and long gone ICE motorcycles.  Not a one of them fit properly without modifications by me to adjust the locking catches and other fasteners. And they all were very heavy. Plus the fiberglass pans were not nearly as well designed as the stock pans. All were taller and thicker than the stock seat, but they were comfortable enough. My daughter has a Corbin on her 1981 BMW R65LS that fits OK, but she had to go to the factory when it was located in Watsonville to have it built while she waited. I think that was around 1999. She waited while they built the seat and it turned out fine, but it did take several hours for the builder to get it right. She still has the seat and is happy with it.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

gstrub

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2020, 06:34:32 AM »

See more:
Pages: [1]