• May 07, 2024, 07:49:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tough choice  (Read 2265 times)

DynoMutt

• View Profile
Re: Tough choice
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 02:37:00 AM »

Yes I did, and I know for a fact that no Zero that hasn't been heavily customized goes any faster than 103MPH, so the criteria that you describe are entirely out of bounds for considering use of any Zero at all let alone having to decide between a 2013 S and a 2014 S.

He said heavily customized  :o

I think a fx with the 98 in the rear can go faster than 103 but what do I know my speedo said 75  ;D

So you thought DynoMutt was suggesting that the dealer would be using a heavily customized bike as a demo? I'm not convinced that he would be that stupid even if he somehow managed to jump to the conclusion that I live in Zimbabwe.

What, you don't live in Zimbabwe?  Now I'm confused! ;)   Always look for a good hedge, but beware the professional gardener.  I was told by the dealer I bought mine from that the speed obtained by going to the larger gear was not more than ~MPH.  If you can demonstrate a real use of a stock + speed gear Zero S going to 120-125MPH with a GoPro or similar camera ON ROAD, I'm sure we'd all be glad to see it.

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
Re: Tough choice
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2014, 07:07:56 AM »

Something like a Cb500 makes similar power and does 120mph. I see no reason why an S wouldn't especially when you factor in speedo error.
Pages: 1 [2]