• May 28, 2024, 06:15:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SOLVED: What specs (links) for the drive chain for the Ribelle / SS9 ?  (Read 291 times)

coolhand

• View Profile

I have searched but I couldnt findeth....

I need to change the drive chain, and I am wondering about the specs. This is for a Ribelle and an SS9 (but they both use the same chain as far as I know).

It is a Regina 525 o-ring chain, but how many links ?

« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 03:00:27 AM by coolhand »

smithy

• View Profile
Re: What specs (links) for the drive chain for the Ribelle / SS9 ?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 02:33:51 AM »

I have searched but I couldnt findeth....

I need to change the drive chain, and I am wondering about the specs. This is for a Ribelle and an SS9 (but they both use the same chain as far as I know).

It is a Regina 525 o-ring chain, but how many links ?

I can tell you the Experia is a 520 chain with 120 links....don't know about the Ribelle or SS9 sorry.

Can you not just count the links..?? That's all I did.

Smithy.
When I die, I wan't to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2024, 03:40:57 AM »

The RS Ribelle uses a 525 Chain, I ordered the 120 link one and cut it down.  I think it was 112 links in the new chain when I was done but just order the 120 to play it safe.  You can add or remove to suit your needs, especially if you changed sprocket arrangements you  may need a different number of links.

Aaron

coolhand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 02:35:46 AM »

The RS Ribelle uses a 525 Chain, I ordered the 120 link one and cut it down.  I think it was 112 links in the new chain when I was done but just order the 120 to play it safe.  You can add or remove to suit your needs, especially if you changed sprocket arrangements you  may need a different number of links.

Aaron

OK, thanx

And yeah, I can count the links, but the chain is still on the bike, so a bit of hassle that. I'll order a 525 chain.

However, I have another question: I know the rear sprocket has 44 teth, 100mm, and 5 m10 bolts. So, this is easy to find and order. The front should have 16 teeth, as far as I know (it is not an RS version). But is it a standard fitting, or something else? What I am looking for is what kind of front sprocket I need.

The reason I ask these questions is that the local dealer is expensive, and I try to order the parts myself. However, most motorcycle web shops here in Norway sort the parts by the type of bike. And the Energica is not listed (not common enough yet), but they will sell me the right parts if I know the specs.

So, I have the chain layed down, the rear sprocket is OK, only the specs of the front sprocket left....

EvaMuc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 02:51:51 AM »

i think jotjotde created a excellent writeup on the Ribelle sprockets (specs and howto change) some time ago, check his post:

This post is about how I changed the front sprocket of my Ribelle. Most of this information was already posted somewhere, but it's hard to find, so I wanted to get all the relevant infos summarized in one go.

Jens

coolhand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2024, 03:00:01 AM »

Yeah, you beat me to it :-)

Found it too.

OK, I'm good, now it is off to order-new-parts-land, and then do the job. I will NOT be ordering the Regina chain, mine is almost done after only 12 000 km...... Half the life I got out of the chain I used on my ZX14....

Specter

• View Profile

Im using a DiD chain now and it's performing well for me.  It's getting abuse too, not a lot of sunday only riding here and it's holding up very nicely so far.

Aaron
Pages: [1]