• May 06, 2024, 05:26:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Diginow Super Charger (SCV2) factory charge piggy back plug  (Read 953 times)

Ethestral

• Plugged in at the 10kw array inverter
    • View Profile
Diginow Super Charger (SCV2) factory charge piggy back plug
« on: April 27, 2017, 02:03:02 AM »

I have attached photos that make all the text below moot. Its just a simple and clean way to piggy back (or not) given your charging needs and/or plug type availability.

Wanted to pass this along to the possibly dozen or so folks that may use it. The Diginow chargers can piggy back the factory charger and add 1.3kw to which ever set up you have. You can permanently install the connection and remove the plug from the side of the bike. However I like the flexibility of charging slow using the factory set up or fast with the SCV2.

For a while I simply placed the C13 connector into the frame and had the cable zip tied near by. That configuration would touch my leg while I rode and seemed sloppy (not that I have improved it by much). I bought a second C13 (male) socket and zip tied it in place for proof of concept. I need to mount it permanently to the aluminum flange hiding the factory charging connection. If anyone can chime in with a better source of the C13 socket I am all ears. Mouser has forever been a maze to me so if someone knows tricks to navigating their site I welcome your advice.

Side note, does anyone know the easiest way to get new rubber grommets for the massive swing arm bolts?

20170426_134327 by Ethestral, on Flickr

20170426_135008 by Ethestral, on Flickr

20170426_135018 by Ethestral, on Flickr

20170426_135027 by Ethestral, on Flickr

20170426_135033 by Ethestral, on Flickr

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: Diginow Super Charger (SCV2) factory charge piggy back plug
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 02:18:13 AM »

That's another way to do it :)

I installed a short kettle cord and ran it up under the steering head area:
http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Advanced_Modifications#Leave-In_Kettle_Cord

...so I only have to unplug the edison plug end of it when slow-charging and nothing needs done for fast charging. This has so far eliminated the oxidation and heating that previously melted my OEM kettle cord.

Your install looks nice! I like the solution to how to "holster" the kettle end. The rubber caps I found while searching did not seem satisfactory.

Feel free to add something to the unofficial wiki :)

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 02:30:32 AM »

Those options both look good :)

I still have my onboard chargers using PP45's ...

But this makes me want to go back to C13's ... anyone know the part number for the stock C13 outlet on the bike? Mine welded / melted a while ago which is why I swapped it out in the first place. That and being able to use adapters with my RSP2000 stack and the bike in general. With my SC2 on the way though I am going to have to do some modification to the bike to get it to accept it while thinking forward (as I still have a 2013 battery and currently run my charging through the controller).

All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 08:41:40 PM »

But this makes me want to go back to C13's ... anyone know the part number for the stock C13 outlet on the bike?

C14 male socket panel mount ... you can find them everywhere.

Still looking for dust cover, as well as the cover for the SBS75X :D
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9
Pages: [1]