• May 17, 2024, 11:27:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Want to know how fast you are REALLY going?  (Read 757 times)

SBK74

• View Profile
Re: Want to know how fast you are REALLY going?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2021, 06:30:24 PM »

My SS9 over reports 13% and I hate it. It is by far the biggest tacho error I have seen in all European vehicles that I own(ed). The odometer is spot-on precise. I have complained, but Energica are saying that they compliant with EU law and it's true. EU law has a formula that allows up to 15% over-reporting. I find the error more annoying than the top speed not being met.
2018-2022  EsseEsse9
2022-         2021 Ribelle RS

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2021, 07:40:10 PM »

My SS9 over reports 13% and I hate it. It is by far the biggest tacho error I have seen in all European vehicles that I own(ed). The odometer is spot-on precise. I have complained, but Energica are saying that they compliant with EU law and it's true. EU law has a formula that allows up to 15% over-reporting. I find the error more annoying than the top speed not being met.

i always suspected that making a speedometer read fast was a lot cheaper than adding power to make the vehicle faster.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2021, 01:19:33 AM »

I have a GPS on all my bikes anyway, so I know what speed I am really going. I do not find the inaccuracy  to be a big problem, but the Energica is the highest readings I have ever seen. 5% over would be a lot more reasonable.

People also complain about the TTSE readings being high (in the TTSE Forum) that are less than half as bad as the Energica.

The Enrgica is so ridiculously  high, it might as well not have a speedometer at all, IMO, unless one can get used to what readings they want to see for what real MPH. It is so far off that it askes to be ignored.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2021, 07:41:23 AM »

Has anyone noticed the air temperature also reads high? Mine is 8-10 degrees high and wonder why they even bothered with it. On one hand this is hardly a big deal. But if it is the same sensor that is in the battery and measures the heat of the battery then it becomes a big deal as it could mean the battery is actually not as hot as the sensor claims. I had a Zero SR back when Zero was having a problem with the motors overheating and part of that problem was sensor related. If you checked motor temp after the bike was in the garage after not being used for 12+ hours it always read high.

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2021, 02:00:11 PM »

About the zero I don't think that sensor is used to protect the battery as that one can go below 0 and you would still be able to charge on location as long as you've been using the bike and keeping it warm that way.

Also on the Zero SRF the environment temp reading on the dash will increase if you charge it fast enough and you get the fans kick in. Cause it is influenced by the chargers temp.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

MoneyFor

• View Profile
    • My Current Bikes
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2021, 08:53:38 PM »

I was very annoyed by that speedo deviation, I already had contact with the people of Speedo Healer but unfortunately they cannot offer anything to correct this. I have mounted that on some ICE bikes and you can adjust the speedo exactly with that device. I wish someone could find a solution to solve this with a device such as the Speedo Healer, a nice extra is that the Speedo Healer can also mislead the ECU so that the speed limitation is overridden. The latter is also the reason why I have it on some ICE bikes, I don't like limitations ;)
Click HERE here to see my current bikes.

My current bikes:

2003 - HD  Hugger
2016 - Honda GL 1800
2018 - HD  Fat Boy
2019 - HD  Street Bob
2020 - Energica Ribelle
2021 - KTM Superduke 1290R
2022 - HD Street Glide Special
Pages: 1 [2]