Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2013+

Zero riders in the Bahamas?

(1/4) > >>

amherstburgmac:
Just brought a 2015 SR 12.5 (actually with a new 13 battery) on to Grand Bahama island.  Looking forward to zipping around without any range concerns (island is small), but fingers very crossed for reliability issues.  I'm sure service will be challenging here - and it will be a $3K round trip if she ever has to go back to a dealer (same issue but worse for the Tesla Model 3).
Any others in the Bahamas for moral support !?

Electric Cowboy:
I actually do know of one. He ordered our chargers because his stock unit died and he couldn't get replacement parts. I'll send him an email with a link to this thread if he wants to say hi.

amherstburgmac:
thanks, appreciated.

Vargo6:
Rider here in Nassau Zero DS 2018.   I've had it for about a year now, using it mostly for commuting.  Love it.  Aiming to get another one with a bigger battery if or when I relocate.

Registration was initially a pain because no one knew what it was or how to classify it.  Actually customs department impounded it because they couldn't figure out how it could work without an engine.  Licensing department gave me issues for similar reasons, with no Zero motorcycles in their systems and they had to get the tech guys to make a totally new entry and they had to figure out how to  match CC's to HP regarding engine size.

I got comprehensive insurance after my agent agreed I had great insurance history with them, but they usually don't give comprehensive on bikes.  But my argument was that it's as expensive as a car.  So they finally worked out a deal.  I am the only rider allowed, which is fine with me :)

You will be asked A LOT of questions about the bike.  Other bikers initially won't like it and I sneak up on everyone because it's so quiet.  So adjust your riding a bit.  Literally no one knows you're there until you pass by.

Regarding parts, the onboard charger was the only issue so far I've really had.  The DiGinow supercharger is a great fix regarding that and if I buy another bike it's a must.  Cut's down on charing times significantly.  I'd check the www.plugshare.com website.  There is atleast 1 fast charging location in GB for what it's worth.  Typically I charge at home though... No big change in my electricity bill at all and because I rarely use my car (either when it's raining or I have heavy stuff/passengers to carry)  my gas bill has significantly dropped.

amherstburgmac:
Hi and thanks for the quick response.  I'm about to embark on the registration and insurance nightmare, so wish me luck.
I'm in charge of GB Power here, and we are pushing EVs hard, we have a few Leafs and NV200s and a Tesla M3, an this is my personal vehicle.  It makes so much sense in the Caribbean.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version