• May 08, 2024, 03:28:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: AHA!! Done! One question though. . .  (Read 1364 times)

Tmentz

• View Profile
AHA!! Done! One question though. . .
« on: July 30, 2011, 03:20:24 AM »

I'm so excited!  My bike is finally up and running.  46.5 mph on a stock rear sprocket and controller set to 80% max.
One of the best parts, I talked to my girlfriend again about learning to ride.  Seeing how quiet the bike was and that it's basically an automatic since there's no gear shifting required, I got a solid maybe.  Not the usual, "Heck No."

Question:  When parking a standard motorcycle on an incline, leaving the engine in gear will prevent the bike from rolling forward and releasing the kickstand which will make it collapse.  Anyone have a good way of preventing this on an electric?  Only thing I could think of would be using a brake disk lock. 

Just trying to problem solve before I run into the problem.   Thanks.

Bogan

• View Profile
Re: AHA!! Done! One question though. . .
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 04:10:13 AM »

Nice! We need pics now :)

I never park any bike facing downhill on an incline, face it uphill and there is no danger of the stand folding back.

Tmentz

• View Profile
Re: AHA!! Done! One question though. . .
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 04:39:14 AM »

It started as a 1991 ninja.  I'm gonna have to take pics with and without the faring and post it as a poll.  I think I like it better without but I'm wondering if thats just because I've been looking at the frame of it for months now while I worked on it.
Pages: [1]