Genre | Riding Style > Enduro | Adventure | Dual Sport

Not too many return waves - typical for dualsport riders?

<< < (5/5)

tigerbike:

--- Quote from: MrDude_1 on May 30, 2017, 06:55:21 PM ---You must live in a very crappy place.
Pretty much everyone around here would stop... The other day I had an issue with my XB12R and ended up pulled over in a painted median. No less than 5 riders stopped in 20 mins, and the only two wheeler that didnt stop or loop back to check on me was a scooter.
And this is on a bike that no one would recognize when riding by.

--- End quote ---
Is the surrounding of Vienna/Austria crappy? Maybe at that point of view. Or is it an European phenomen? Is it better in the US or even in other countries?
Could be an interresting discussion here. Perhaps it is better in areas, where help is not just "around the corner" or a phonecall away.

MrDude_1:

--- Quote from: tigerbike on May 31, 2017, 11:54:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: MrDude_1 on May 30, 2017, 06:55:21 PM ---You must live in a very crappy place.
Pretty much everyone around here would stop... The other day I had an issue with my XB12R and ended up pulled over in a painted median. No less than 5 riders stopped in 20 mins, and the only two wheeler that didnt stop or loop back to check on me was a scooter.
And this is on a bike that no one would recognize when riding by.

--- End quote ---
Is the surrounding of Vienna/Austria crappy? Maybe at that point of view. Or is it an European phenomen? Is it better in the US or even in other countries?
Could be an interresting discussion here. Perhaps it is better in areas, where help is not just "around the corner" or a phonecall away.

--- End quote ---
Maybe its because in the US, most riders are enthusiasts, but elsewhere motorcycles are just basic transportation.
In anycase, I'm not calling the area crapy, but I think it says something when no ones stops to help someone in need.

swavess:
I'm in the US and go with the head nod.  In my area it seems there are as many bikes as cars on some days and waving every 2 seconds begins to really suck.  Maybe people think I'm rude, but it was one thing when there weren't many bikes but those days are gone.  Now, if I'm in the middle of snowstorm or somewhere really remote, I definitely wave to anyone who's out there as well!

--- Quote from: Justin Andrews on March 29, 2014, 02:54:56 PM ---
--- Quote --- I wave from both my cruiser and my scooter when its safe to do so and when it looks like it will be noticeable
--- End quote ---

I think for this reason Head Nods are much more common here in the UK. Actual hand waves are rare by comparison.

--- End quote ---

BoB Mobil:
So far, its like with my Goldwing around 80% here in Québec, Canada

dittoalex:
Don't relinquish control of the bike by waving.  Hands stay on bars and attention remains focused with the same discipline as if you were riding on a track.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version