• May 07, 2024, 08:48:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Log data > Spreadsheet > Graphs ?  (Read 856 times)

clay.leihy

• View Profile
Log data > Spreadsheet > Graphs ?
« on: September 26, 2016, 01:45:08 AM »

I just used Kim Burgess python script to decode my log file and there seems to be a lot of interesting info (including stuff I remind myself to not worry about if it's running OK). I was wondering if anyone has worked on analyzing their data, perhaps in a spreadsheet or even graphs, perhaps comparing RPM/speed/distance over time with SOC/V, or effect of temp on discharging and charging, or even trying to determine how many CAN BUS errors are "normal." I've already learned that my FX has a Calex 720W charger and a Calex 1200W just from a quick browse. I think it's time for some data analysis to learn even more.
Clay
DoD #2160,6

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Log data > Spreadsheet > Graphs ?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 01:34:11 PM »

I'm a software developer who's worked with data analytics and visualization for a decade and have been eager to collect data for analysis.

However, the MBB logs have events, not metrics, which is not the same kind of data at all.

I do have an elaborate Numbers spreadsheet with a way to plot efficiency versus speed (airspeed and ground speed as adapted from Ecomodder tools and validated against DrBass and protomech's figures) and make basic trip planning out of it, but I'd need to convert it to JavaScript and wrap it in a UI to make it more flexible and accessible.

The only realistic path is to interface with the MBB live over serial to poll for all the parameters while riding. The DigiNow data reaper dongle can bridge that to Bluetooth serial but iOS can't use that so I'm considering sniffing the official app's protocol to emulate, because that's easier than a wired connection.

The problem? I'm overworked at a software startup and commuting 85 miles per day so don't have time for all my projects.

But I'll paint a picture of what I've intended: metrics collection from the bike coupled with location data and time, and record local weather together with it.

Ideally, take a google maps route plan and project wind effects on range by using vector math to get airspeed along with ground speed. But that's a different set of functionality that's best done in JavaScript in a web browser (or hybrid web-native app).
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

MajorMajor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 04:45:29 PM »

I recall Zero mentioning an API to allow video overlays, was that just a demo and won't be enabled eventually?

kashography

• View Profile
    • e-motorrad.ch
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 05:00:52 PM »

At Hollywood Electrics, the Data Reaper is not listed under Performance Parts. You have to google it to get to the Product Page https://hollywoodelectrics.com/product/diginow-data-reaper-dongle/
Is this discontinued? If no, does is work with 2016 models? Because there is written: "This unit is compatible with all 2013-15 Zero Motorcycles."
  • 200km with one charge (was too easy)
  • 300km in a day
  • 400km in a day
  • 500km in a day (550+km)
  • 600km in a day
    driven in [5] out of 6 nearby countries

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 10:34:48 PM »

At Hollywood Electrics, the Data Reaper is not listed under Performance Parts. You have to google it to get to the Product Page https://hollywoodelectrics.com/product/diginow-data-reaper-dongle/
Is this discontinued? If no, does is work with 2016 models? Because there is written: "This unit is compatible with all 2013-15 Zero Motorcycles."

It works fine with my 16DSR. It's just out of production right now; can't hurt to email Hollywood Electrics about it.

I think they could upgrade this successfully but it depends on their priorities and time.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: [1]