• May 05, 2024, 10:37:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I made it to......  (Read 6709 times)

GoneToPlaid

• View Profile
Re: I made it to......
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2022, 07:31:28 PM »

I'd like to hear some of those stories!

It's not hard to get to now, as the national park service added Level 2 EVSEs all along the Cabot Trail.

My wife Amy wrote about Meat Cove:
"Meat Cove turned out to be a fantastic confirmation that it’s best not to over-research our trips. We knew there was a campground with first come, first serve tent sites, and that’s about it. Our somewhat silly affinity for geographic extremities led us along a dirt road to the northern most point in Nova Scotia, and we were rewarded with one of the best campsites on the trip. The views are simply outstanding. Apparently, despite being a very tiny place, Meat Cove is a bit of a destination, and we were lucky to grab the last campsite on a Friday. It was also the most dangerous campsite we’ve ever used, and we had to pass the interview to be allowed to camp there. No more than two people allowed, no kids, no pets, and one small tent only. Site 11 is perched on a rocky outcropping with a small patch of soft grass on top, and is apparently highly desired. We just happened to be the first to qualify that afternoon, and the first willing to walk the narrow path with steep drop offs to set up out there. Others with more fear of heights had already said “no way.” Site 11 must be perpetually windy, and while I wouldn’t want to camp there for a week, it was definitely fun for one night."

jotjotde

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2022, 05:47:28 PM »

Early autumn impression from the Moehne lake in midwest Germany.

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2022, 12:09:53 PM »

8600 miles through rural Canada on an e-bike? That's frickin amazing in several ways!

The Trans Labrador Highway was 410 km with no gas stations, but they had charging stations?

GoneToPlaid

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2022, 03:39:13 AM »

The larger towns like Goose Bay, Churchill Falls and Lab city have public charging stations, but you're right to ask about the 410 km stretch from Port Hope Simpson to Goose Bay. There's nothing along there; it was wilderness until the road was completed in 2009, and they only finished paving it this year. We got lucky and there was someone at the highway maintenance depot at Cartwright Junction. He let me charge off their generator, using three Level 1 circuits to top up in about 2 hours. The depots are mostly not manned in the summer - he arrived two days ahead of us, and was due to leave 3 days after. Perry Trimper (Labrador politician) is working to improve the highway depots with public rest areas and charging stations, but for now it's not really a reliable plan.

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2023, 08:12:25 PM »

I didn't take many photos at all but I completed a one-day NC500 run up in Scotland (and let me tell you, the 500ish miles there and back were nothing to sniff at either). Last two chargers on the route were out leaving me about 120 miles to complete on 57%, utterly emotionally and physically exhausting but I made it in 22 hours on about -5% charge!
Rides an Energica, makes boring YouTube videos
Pages: 1 2 [3]