• May 05, 2024, 06:18:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero DSR/X first impression from ex-Zero owner  (Read 1168 times)

mistasam

• View Profile
    • newzeroland
Zero DSR/X first impression from ex-Zero owner
« on: September 20, 2022, 01:28:29 AM »

Nairb

• View Profile
Re: Zero DSR/X first impression from ex-Zero owner
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 07:45:18 AM »

I occasionally read that Zero mostly sells to the police and military...  This bike looks like it was purpose built for government agencies.  The white one especially is just screaming for a "police" decal and a couple a flashing lights and it'd be ready to go.  Lots of storage for ticketing books and handheld radar gear, and they can ride 15 or 20 miles to a hideout and spend the day trapping speeders, or even just policing around cities.  Maybe top up while on a lunch/coffee break.

I didn't understand why they went with the ugly light green, then I thought of military applications.  MP's cruising around bases don't need to charge that often either...

...but then why do a big release with media in Italy?  I guess they must sell, or aspire to sell quite a few to the public in Europe.  They seem to have plenty of dealers in the US, and judging from the youtubers posting reviews they must have some in the UK at least as well.  Or at least a couple prominent ones with quite active channels...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 08:24:07 AM by Nairb »

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 07:55:45 PM »

And the military and government agencies (who tend to buy EV's with federal grants) don't really care much about the vehicle price, so the DSR/X would find a good market there.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 03:58:06 AM »

At least they're realistic about the range now instead of just plain making the figures up?

I think the real problem Zero have with ths DSR/X is that they launched 2 years late with it. If it hadn't been for the Covid stuff they might have had this bike out when it made a difference. Energica have completely wizzed on their chips now though.

This is a shame because they've done a bunch of things that really need to be backported asap to the other two models:
Wider, quieter belt
Belt protection
Increased battery capacity
More torque
The various new software features in the dash

but at the end of the day you are basically right, it's 2022, and it still only charges at 6kW out of the box. WTF. The SR/* platform is just about usable at 12kW charging.

Cas :)
Pages: [1]