• May 08, 2024, 07:13:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fonzarelli  (Read 1008 times)

PhreaK

• View Profile
Fonzarelli
« on: December 05, 2015, 08:04:22 PM »

http://www.fonzarelli.co/

Do any of the other Australians here have one? I'm looking at scooters for the girlfriend and the SR could do with an electric friend :). I've already tried to convince her to go for an FXS (...that I can occasionally borrow...), but it's a little out of the budget for now.

From what I can tell, they're a rebranded Efun-B. Specs are identical, rear plastics are the same and there's a photos of Xiamen (which is where Efun is based) if you go back through Fonzarelli's Facebook feed. Nothing wrong with this, they've obviously gone through the ADR process, their marketing is killer and there is local support. But is the premium worth it?
2014 Zero SR

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
Re: Fonzarelli
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 08:31:34 PM »

See if you can find a 2013 zero xu
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's

PhreaK

• View Profile
Re: Fonzarelli
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 11:49:34 AM »

So I met up with the girls from Fonzarelli when they were down in Melbourne earlier this week. Build quality seems to be decent for the price (AU$4,990). Took one for a quick ride around the city - unfortunately it was right on peak hour so traffic was insane but they seem to do the trick for inner city transport. Acceleration was pretty lacklustre, but after jumping of the SR onto it that was to be expected. When you buy them they'll set up the controller to match the sort of torque curve you're after so I'm assuming there'd be some room there for improvement at the expense of range. Ditto for the regenerative breaking. They top out at 75km/h so definitely not something for taking out on the highway, but good for their intended purpose. If you need a little extra they've got a boost button which brings up the max discharge rate for a 10 seconds.

Michelle, who runs Fonzarelli comes from an engineering/manufacturing background in some larger EV's (buses) so put these together as a custom design (assuming off the shelf controller, batteries, hub motor etc) with a Chinese manufacturing partner. For the battery packs they're using Samsung lithium ion cells. As the batteries are removable, chargers are all off board - there's 4 or 8 amp options. On the bike itself you have two slots for the battery (with BMS) modules. During operation though, if you're running two when one goes flat you pop the seat and switch across to #2.

All in all I'd say they're definitely filling that niche of inner city personal transport. It'll be my girlfriends call if she want one, but it get's the thumbs up from me.
2014 Zero SR
Pages: [1]