• May 05, 2024, 05:44:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Electric Motorcycle Owners Map  (Read 26814 times)

tico

• View Profile
Re: Electric Motorcycle Owners Map
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2016, 10:15:36 PM »

Are people still adding to this map? I just pulled up this necro thread and added myself (Houston, TX)

frodus

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2016, 02:15:44 AM »

I get a few people adding a week still, just keep posting your info on there!
Travis

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2016, 03:35:11 AM »

Just added myself in Portsmouth NH.  Wow, only two of us in NH!

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

frodus

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2016, 03:39:24 AM »

Also added more Zero models recently. Haven't bothered adding any other brands until we get proof they're on the road.
Travis

Patrick Truchon

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2016, 04:45:50 AM »

Is there a way to edit my info?  I added myself last year but I've since moved.
Owned:  2013 Zero DS (now dead)
Test rode:  2014 Zero S, SR, 2015 Zero FX, 2016 DSR and FXS
http://ptruchon.pagekite.me/

frodus

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2016, 10:16:16 PM »

go to the map, and email me (the admin) the old marker, and the info you want updated.

If you haven't cleared browser cache, you can click on yours and edit, but it may not let you. I can easily make changes.
Travis

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2016, 05:28:52 AM »

Added my SR. Looks like there is only one more SR near DC on the map, but I know there are at least 2 more Zero owners nearby - saw an FXS on the Beltway recently, and I've seen an older Zero on Wisconsin, near Friendship Heights...
'15 Zero SR

rider7

• 2017 DSR, 100% wind charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2016, 01:13:04 PM »

We need more Zero owners!

Come on guys!

www.evfr.net

Hey guys,

I just added myself to the map.

Rider7
32 years of almost every day riding all year round.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2016, 07:25:13 PM »

Just added myself - even though my Zero FXS has been ordered but not delivered yet.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

rider7

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2017, 07:00:03 AM »

Just added myself - even though my Zero FXS has been ordered but not delivered yet.

Fred, ok, I admit it too. Ordered but not received yet :)

It's funny, now that I ordered the DSR (took the plunge financially) I would also like to have the FXS.
Well, I always wanted to own several bikes, but once I had three ICE bikes, I realized that it is a pain in the behind to maintain them all.
But with electric bikes, bring them on. The more the better:)

Rider 7

Starpower

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2017, 12:57:31 AM »

Added
'13 Zero S 12.5 100% Solar charged, '14 BMW S1000R, '23 Admit Jet Armor, '21 Ninja 400, '21 WR250R

laramie LC4

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2017, 04:38:42 AM »

It's funny, now that I ordered the DSR (took the plunge financially) I would also like to have the FXS.
Well, I always wanted to own several bikes, but once I had three ICE bikes, I realized that it is a pain in the behind to maintain them all.

Rider 7

yup. i used to have 7 ICE bikes in my garage at one point. i always said it was like having a room full of jealous women, all fighting for your attention. after my neck injury i stopped riding for a long time, then i found the zero's. i sold/parted 4 bikes to buy my FXS and don't regret it for a minute. my 2 real remaining bikes, ktm 990R and 525EXC, haven't moved since i bought it.

welcome to the club.

laters,

laramie  ;)
ZERO- '16 FX-S
KTM- 990R, 525EXC

rider7

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2017, 02:03:26 PM »

Rider 7

yup. i used to have 7 ICE bikes in my garage at one point. i always said it was like having a room full of jealous women, all fighting for your attention. after my neck injury i stopped riding for a long time, then i found the zero's. i sold/parted 4 bikes to buy my FXS and don't regret it for a minute. my 2 real remaining bikes, ktm 990R and 525EXC, haven't moved since i bought it.

welcome to the club.

laters,

laramie  ;)

Laramie,

Exactly, what was I thinking.

I am a licensed car mechanic, hate working on cars (don't do it for a living thank bloody hearth), and always thought no big deal serving several bikes of my own.
But I hated it at two already.
I cannot imagine what you where going through at 7.

Yes, they are all competing with each other.
And I saw myself looking more and more for alternatives in the valve train and drive train department to escape the dreadded valve adjustment, chain and sprocket mess, chain tensioning, carb synching........ahhhhhh...... what a constant pain.

And the harder you ride, the worse it feels when parking the bike, since you know you're one step closer to the work you've done 500,000 times before.

And one of the worst thing ever, since they put ethanol into every grade of gas, you either end up with clogged up jets, or dry rot your gaskets in no time when storing the bike with carbs drained.
It is flat out stupid.

Electric is the only way.

All that's done with now thanks to zero.

Wonder how much longer you're going to keep the two awesome ICEs you have left.
I do envy you for their performance, but not the rest.

Thanks for welcoming me in the club  :)

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2017, 07:14:28 PM »

And one of the worst thing ever, since they put ethanol into every grade of gas, you either end up with clogged up jets, or dry rot your gaskets in no time when storing the bike with carbs drained.
It is flat out stupid.
Ethanol in fuel in one of the things that tipped me over into getting a Zero. My Aprilia Dorsoduro has a plastic tank which has swelled due to ethanol. When I had it serviced recently it took 3 people to force it back into the frame.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

rider7

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2017, 11:03:44 AM »

It is flat out stupid.
Ethanol in fuel in one of the things that tipped me over into getting a Zero. My Aprilia Dorsoduro has a plastic tank which has swelled due to ethanol. When I had it serviced recently it took 3 people to force it back into the frame.

Fred,
everytime I rebuilt another set of carburetor wrecked by ethanol I swear like a sailor, but I should be thankful since it brings the petrol age to an end quicker by people like you and me having had enough and who are willing to shell out the bucks to advance our future technology.

Give it another 10 years and burning fuel to move from point A to point B will feel as ridiculous as using a pay phone nowadays.

I feel like a space astronaut right now gliding though my neighborhood on my zero.
It is a truly life changing experience and one I am thankful for after the frustrating EV-1 scam in the 90 where I thought that the EV era was about to start.

By the way, I had no idea that ethanol can deform an entire gas tank.

Now, I get the reasons for Ethanol in gas, but it's simply an ill faded bandaid to mitigate the harmful effects of burning our earth's liquid fossil energy.

Thanks for sharing.

Rider7
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9