• May 09, 2024, 03:16:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: DigiNow Super Charger officially available from 2 dealers!  (Read 7671 times)

Ndm

• View Profile
Re: DigiNow Super Charger officially available from 2 dealers!
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2016, 04:22:18 AM »

I've been wondering if it can be used to charge my imiev, using it for both would be easier to justify to the wife
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2016, 04:29:35 AM »

I've been wondering if it can be used to charge my imiev, using it for both would be easier to justify to the wife

Talk to EMotorWerks directly about their product line. They offer a non-homologated version of this in principle, and prior to that already had less-compact 12kW chargers of the same general characteristics. digiNow customizes it to be suitable for the Zero's electrical system.

However, I do not expect you will be able to just swap the product between two different vehicles that operate in totally different voltage ranges. The programming affects its behavior and safeguards.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

DPsSRnSD

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2016, 04:32:27 AM »

The Supercharger might have mods to make it Zero-specific. Maybe with a few more adapters it could also charge a car - I don't know. A more straight forward way to charge both any electric motorcycle and electric cars (and spend more money) is to get the JuiceBox 40, and mount the Supercharger in the Zero with a J1772 receptacle. That would allow you to fast-charge your bikes and cars at home and away from home.
2020 Zero SR/S
Previously: 2016 Zero SR

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2016, 04:57:46 AM »

The Supercharger might have mods to make it Zero-specific. Maybe with a few more adapters it could also charge a car - I don't know.

It absolutely does, and no adapter is going to fix that. You'll need OEM customization.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

giacomo

• View Profile

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2016, 12:03:12 PM »

Thank you!

That's the first official pricing I've seen, despite asking! Those beach bums out in California are just plain lazy...;-) I'm mentioning no names and I didn't go direct, so please don't take offence folks.

I've never seen Sterling so low against the dollar. I hope that improves once the EU panic subsides. 

So we're taking £2,500 without the options. More than a third of the cost of my bike. Ouch! I think I understand why it's so expensive, but still, it's a lot of coin for a battery charger.  More useful than a powertank though and they're around £2,000, I believe.

PlatPays

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2016, 07:03:47 PM »

Thanks for the link, I ordered a charger from this place !
I include an image because it is one of the few pictures on how it actually looks and how it can be mounted:

Source: http://www.grandcanyoncycles.com/--diginow-supercharger

Also, I am sharing the information that I received on the charge power when it would be connected to a European 3 phase 16amps connection.
A 3 phase 16 amps connection can for example charge an electric Mercedes B250 or a Renault Zoe with 11 kW power (3 x 230V x 16amps).
The supercharger with a Mennekes connector will be able to charge @ 9.3kW with the current firmware, allowing 80 amps out (80 x 116V=9.3kW).
The firmware is updateable after some more testing for higher power, for example with 16kW.
When my package arrives I will post on my experiences with mounting it with a Charger tank Cowl.
Yes !
Zero S 2015

RedWizardChris

• Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2016, 10:01:18 PM »

PlatPays, the Grand Canyon Cycles page for the supercharger says "units are available to be shipped".  Did they give you a shipping date when you placed the order?

-Chris

Lecram

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2016, 11:13:01 PM »

Thanks for the link, I ordered a charger from this place !
I include an image because it is one of the few pictures on how it actually looks and how it can be mounted:

Source: http://www.grandcanyoncycles.com/--diginow-supercharger

Also, I am sharing the information that I received on the charge power when it would be connected to a European 3 phase 16amps connection.
A 3 phase 16 amps connection can for example charge an electric Mercedes B250 or a Renault Zoe with 11 kW power (3 x 230V x 16amps).
The supercharger with a Mennekes connector will be able to charge @ 9.3kW with the current firmware, allowing 80 amps out (80 x 116V=9.3kW).
The firmware is updateable after some more testing for higher power, for example with 16kW.
When my package arrives I will post on my experiences with mounting it with a Charger tank Cowl.
Yes !

Are you gonna install it yourself?
1970 Honda CB750K0
1971 Honda CB750K1
1971 Honda CB750K1
1973 Honda CB750K2
1974 Honda CB750K2
2011 Mercedes Viano Marco Polo camper
2015 Zero DS with power tank
2016 KTM 1190 Adventure
2019 BMW i3

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2016, 11:19:10 PM »

Congratulations Plat. Where do you live and when do you expect to have it delivered? There's a dearth of information about the super charger at the moment. I must check the zero manual site in case Brian has managed to post there.

Anyone know if Doug has got his yet? I think he's number three on the list.

Any idea why Mennekes is limited to 9.3kW? I thought there was an option to connect via the controller, thus bypassing the fuse associated with the Anderson connector.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2016, 12:38:08 AM »

I'm number five; Ben Rich was number four. Still waiting. They haven't even contacted me about my shipping address yet.

I do hope Grand Canyon Cycles is "exaggerating" a bit when they say the chargers are "available". I have invoice number five and I really won't be very happy if I don't receive the fifth unit.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2016, 12:50:11 AM »

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Doug.

It seems Ben's unit is proving to be reliable on his road trip. The delay is confusing now they are production ready. I want to hear that they are in people's hands and there's stock in the shops.  Also that they're dropping the price... I could buy a lot of petrol for £2,500! I know that's not really the point, but it's what most people will think about.

Still, lots of kudos to everyone involved and the super early adopters!  I'm getting serious gadget fever over the super charger.

DPsSRnSD

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2016, 01:13:46 AM »

I do hope Grand Canyon Cycles is "exaggerating" a bit when they say the chargers are "available". I have invoice number five and I really won't be very happy if I don't receive the fifth unit.

Not to speak for Grand Canyon, but when I read the line I thought they were emphasizing that it's a global product, not that units were sitting on a shelf. But maybe that's because from following this forum I only know of a few users.
2020 Zero SR/S
Previously: 2016 Zero SR

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2016, 02:30:13 AM »

Congratulations Plat. Where do you live and when do you expect to have it delivered? There's a dearth of information about the super charger at the moment. I must check the zero manual site in case Brian has managed to post there.

Any idea why Mennekes is limited to 9.3kW? I thought there was an option to connect via the controller, thus bypassing the fuse associated with the Anderson connector.
All units are now limited to 9.3kW until further testing is completed, see this stage as the open beta.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2016, 02:44:06 AM »

Not to speak for Grand Canyon, but when I read the line I thought they were emphasizing that it's a global product, not that units were sitting on a shelf.

Actually, that was the way I read it, too...poorly worded, though, and perhaps intentionally, with an eye to misleading people but having plausible deniability about it. You know, the sort of thing sales people do.

I did send them an email, and they responded, saying they're expecting their "new shipment" to become available sometime around August 15. Which is a reasonably straightforward response, and the first actual date I've heard of, however speculative it may be.

And, of course, I love the pictures showing the general size and shape of the unit, what it looks like, how it mounts, and that the inputs and outputs are all free-hanging wires instead of terminal blocks or a panel-mounted connector. All of which are light-years ahead of anything Diginow's done for their own product. Is there some reason Diginow couldn't have done any of this weeks or months ago?
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6