Poll

What should I get?

2019 FXS 7.2  NEW
- 11 (91.7%)
2017 FX 5.6.   PREOWNED
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New FXS or Preowned FX?  (Read 1605 times)

alexknowshtml

• View Profile
Re: New FXS or Preowned FX?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2019, 03:58:26 AM »

I recently picked up a pre-owned 2017 FX for a much shorter commute.

My commute is much shorter (closer to 18 miles round trip) and I'm comfortably getting 2 full round trips on a charge even when I'm riding hard so I think your daily commute would be fine as long as you plug in every night, but I wouldn't try a 70 mile round trip without at least 3-4 few hours plugged in at my destination.

Jarrett

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 07:20:35 PM »

I consider the FXS one of the most entertaining motorcycles made in the last 50 years.
But not the FX?

BamBam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 08:03:04 PM »

I had a new 2017 FXS 6.5 for about a year, which I loved, until it got totaled in February 2018.  I used it to commute to and from work every day all year round.  My commute was 16 miles round trip and I typically used about 26% charge.

I replaced the FXS with a new 2017 DSR.  The only reason I upgrade to the DSR was because I sometimes do highway riding, which the DSR is better suited for, and because Zero was offering a limited edition version with luggage cases and extra accessories for a price that I couldn't pass up.

Otherwise I would have replaced my FXS with another FXS.
Currently Owned Bikes:
2017 Zero DSR Limited Edition (original owner, running)
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 (original owner, red now black, running)
1997 Honda Valkyrie (original owner, first year in black, running)
1975 Kawasaki H2 750 (original owner, purple, not running)

ashnazg

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2019, 09:22:27 PM »

Only thing I'll add is...

By saying "only thing I'll add is", the Universe said "hold my beer"...

Just spotted this -- https://hollywoodelectrics.com/collections/pre-owned/products/2014-zero-s-zf13-0-pre-owned

I'd choose this over both FX options, allowing for ~$500 to ship it to me cross country.
2015 Zero SR
2015 Zero FX (previous bike)
2011 Zero XU (previous bike)

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2019, 07:19:02 AM »

Only thing I'll add is...

By saying "only thing I'll add is", the Universe said "hold my beer"...

Just spotted this -- https://hollywoodelectrics.com/collections/pre-owned/products/2014-zero-s-zf13-0-pre-owned

I'd choose this over both FX options, allowing for ~$500 to ship it to me cross country.

Money aside, I wouldn't take an S in an even trade for my FXS.  I never would have predicted how much I love the FXS before I test rode one on a whim.  That is a pretty good deal on that bike, though.
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2019, 08:11:30 AM »

But not the FX?

There's something more endearing about the SuperMoto wheels and just utter light happiness in the street. It evokes the same feelings as a
with incredible ferocity. It's adorable and ridiculously powerful for its size.

whalleyz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2019, 11:49:18 AM »

I was in a similar situation, commuting 19 miles a day roundtrip and looking at Zeros.  I narrowed it down to 2016 SR for $9k or a 2019 FXS for $11k.  Today, I got the new FXS in Rhino Gray.  It's sitting in the garage right now, charging after a night ride along the lake nearby.  Aside from the obvious handling and performance differences of the bikes, my main rationale in going with the FXS has to do with two points: not knowing the mechanical history of the 2016 and warranty coverage.  The 3 year old bike is already out of the 2 year chassis warranty and is more than half of the way through the 5 year battery warranty.  Those two points for me were enough to justify the extra $2k for the new FXS, especially considering I'll be depending on it as a daily.  Back to the performance thing, OMG!  The 2019 absolutely RIPS!!  I took it up and down some switchback streets near the hills by the lake, it carves banked pavement so nice.
Pages: 1 [2]