• May 15, 2024, 12:59:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Meta-Cycle update  (Read 59 times)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Meta-Cycle update
« on: May 13, 2024, 07:07:26 PM »

Some years ago when the Meta-Cycle was first announced and they were taking deposits, a friend of mine attempted to put a deposit on one, but both of his credit card companies REFUSED the charge, saying that it looked suspicious. Looks like they did him a HUGE favor!
https://electrek.co/2024/05/12/failed-sondors-metacycle-motorcycle-was-never-street-legal-reveals-employee/
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 06:52:30 PM by JaimeC »
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Meta-Cycle update
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 04:23:12 AM »

If what you are saying is true, it begs one to ask.
Ok, so did the credit card companies KNOW this somehow?  WHAT did they know,  WHY wasn't it shared?

Ok,so I can literally open a business today, and I bet by tomorrow have a pay pal acct linked with a credit card, or get a clover system etc etc.  I just need the license, which I can get same day at the tax office.   I can then offer a product to sell, YOU offer to send me a down payment, deposit, whatever, and I am pretty sure they will allow that payment to go through.  WHAT was their main excuse for denying these?  It had to be past claims or something.

Why was this not shared, ...  knowledge is protection, especially when it comes to fraud.

Just curious.
Aaron

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Re: Meta-Cycle update
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 06:54:06 PM »

Apparently there was a history of bad credit with the company.  This was several years back and I don't remember the details. I'm pretty sure I posted something about his troubles here when it happened but I'm not familiar with the search facility or even what keywords I would use to narrow it down.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR
Pages: [1]