• May 18, 2024, 12:19:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Interview and closer look at the Damon bikes.  (Read 1852 times)

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Interview and closer look at the Damon bikes.
« on: June 17, 2022, 02:55:56 AM »

I missed this somehow from back in April.  From the Siemens Software Youtube channel.
The bikes are nearer the end of the video.  Side note and credit where it's due, Morgan was right about the 1000 cells, and it sounds like it will come in 40 pounds over goal.  I also was told there maybe a surprise with the motor but I can't confirm that yet.

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: Interview and closer look at the Damon bikes.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 11:34:11 AM »

god jay is SO FULL OF SHIT

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 05:12:28 PM »

I wanted to say something about the 'full of $hit' remark, but then in the performance notes @ 19:29 the Damon rep tells us the weight of the Ducati Panigale V4 is 438 lbs dry, which I found hard to believe so looked it up and it's 384 lbs dry. It is hard after that to take the rest seriously.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 05:54:01 PM »

Well Skidz, I  looked it up and it  says about 386 dry and 435 wet.  Could be he had those number specs wrong in his head. 
Of course the important part is the 480lbs for the Damon.

Morgan, one of us is going to have to post a big " I'm sorry I was wrong" thread in less than a year so feel free to double down but you've seen the factory coming along and no need to build that just to put out a bad bike.

Are you going to pick up that new Energica?

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 08:54:52 PM »

I skipped some but there is some new or better information.

The moving footpeg and handlebar video is the best I have seen so far.  The intent makes more sense the way it is explained, it is for when the rider gets stuck in traffic.

If you go to minute 21:70 that battery size model colored like a filter cigarette has to be longer than 70 mm don't you agree?  There are or have been 100 and 101mm cigarettes and they sure look shorter than that.

There are a few follow up questions I could ask.

Of the 100 or so folks that have ridden the bike (or have they just sat on it and had the danger simulation objects pop up) how many were on the Zero motor prototype test bed and where are these folks general impressions or was there some non disclosure agreement?

Who is the supplier of the 21700 cells and can 20kwh really be stored in 1000 of them, both now and at the time the 20kwh number came out?

other

I went to the website and the lowest capacity battery at 11kwh can do dc fast charging which seems at odds to stuff posted on this site by some

Looks like he had some sort of smash of a little finger as the nail is virtually all black.  Been there, done that though not usually that completely.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 09:54:15 PM »

Of course Jay knows what the proper specs of the Ducatis are because they spent a chunk of time stealing Ducati's footage and passing it off as their own advertisement, unless you've all forgotten this magical moment.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2022, 02:19:49 AM »

So Fran K, a 2170 cell gets it's name from being 21mm in diameter and 70mm long.  I think the thing that looked like a cigarette to you is a white board marker.  Just something handy.

Fran K on the Damon YT channel some of the oldest videos have some reactions from people who used the Copilot warning system.
Some on a Yamaha gas bike some on early electric prototypes.

Yes all the current Damon models will have CCS charging and at least 6kw AC charging.  It's not the size of the battery capacity that is the main factor as to if it can use CCS or not.  It's the pack voltage.  Zero uses 117 volts so it won't work.  It has to be over 200 volts to use CCS.

HoodRichOG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2022, 10:20:58 AM »

The shape shifting thing is pretty cool as is the blind spot monitoring but it seems like excessive complexity for a first model that has been delayed over and over.

I hear a lot of promising and see a lot of underdelivering.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2022, 04:35:16 AM »

It's the fun covid world man.  That's why it took 5-6 months to get some of the Energicas.

There should be some lite track footage out soon.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2022, 04:13:55 AM »

And a little fun track time with the prototypes.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2022, 02:03:04 PM »

A Damon and a Tesla Model Y and all I can hear is the sound of an inline 4 ICE bike.  ::)
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2022, 04:40:40 PM »

So chain drive plus reduction gear plus a powerful electric motor equals this sound.
It's like ear math.

Pages: [1]