• May 04, 2024, 09:51:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Parts and Accessories wish list  (Read 4324 times)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Parts and Accessories wish list
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2017, 12:28:18 AM »

But getting back on topic... yes, a nice, full coverage fairing like the one on the R100RS is what I'd like to see on a Zero.

I'm hoping (and vaguely expecting based on hints) what we'll see is a nice generic superstructure bracket to support a fairing, and let customers decide what style they want to put over it. A Zero-fitted bracket is most of the work, and separating the upgrade capability from a particular vendor's style is probably very important for making a marketable/profitable product in this small owner group.

I've seen some of those "Dustbin" fairing designs and they're just a lilttle to weird-looking for me, even if they are more aerodynamic.

As one of the dustbin owners, I will admit I wanted my project to look better than it does, and that originally I really wanted a sport-touring style full fairing but cranked out the math for drag and travel and figured out that I'd better do the R&D for dustbin commoditization for everyone's sake.

If I get the chance to do it over again, I have a very clear idea of how to improve the look. I just have to make sure I don't throw too much money into one bike per year...
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2017, 12:09:28 AM »

I like your motorcycle cover, Justin.

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

Tony

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2017, 09:30:00 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]