• May 07, 2024, 04:33:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: E-XC rear brake  (Read 1311 times)

tmgofer

• View Profile
E-XC rear brake
« on: March 17, 2021, 03:10:39 AM »

Hi all!
New KTM E-XC Freeride owner here! ;)
I've just bought mid 2020 model that has 8 mth on the counter. It's my first cross country bike (used to have Aprilia Tuareg, Honda CBR600F, Yamaha R1 and KTM 690SM) so I'm in a quite intense learning mode. It's completely new experience for me thus it gives so much fun!

The bike satisfies my expectations in almost every aspect, with one exception. Rear brake is rubbish. You need to use two fingers and push the lever really hard to stop the rear wheel from spinning. Do you have the same?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 03:19:20 AM by tmgofer »

Fran K

• View Profile
Re: E-XC rear brake
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 10:56:10 AM »

The brakes seem to get complaints.  For my purposes squeeze both equally going downhill is one of the nice things.  The brakes might be somewhat different than the 2017 model I have.  Seems to stop faster than a Yamaha xt250 which is much different than what you list.

tmgofer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 02:11:45 PM »

To be clear - it's just the rear brake that worries me. The front one is just perfect!
I was trying to clean the pads with sand paper and some chemicals - it gave absolutely no effect. Maybe swapping original ones with EBC would help...

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 10:49:47 PM »

My complaints are the way my knee contacts the bike and the green charge indicator lights are way too bright for night, and feeble headlight.  I really have not paid attention to the brake discussions on Ktm talk.  There may be a larger rotor and  parts to move the caliper out.  They still give the hard parts catalog in the package?  There is a parking brake, Zero also has similar.  No foot brake kind of makes taking hands off the bars hard.

tmgofer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 02:23:37 PM »

My complaints are the way my knee contacts the bike and the green charge indicator lights are way too bright for night, and feeble headlight.
I ride during the day, on a track, so didn't encounter these problems :)

I really have not paid attention to the brake discussions on Ktm talk.
It's even hard to make rear wheel slip when you want to tighten the corner. It simply does not work.

No foot brake kind of makes taking hands off the bars hard.
True. But it gives advantage of being able to use the rear brake with both legs on the ground. As everything - has its pros and cons...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 03:10:01 PM by tmgofer »

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 11:45:05 PM »

I did not realize how much of the bike is same as the 85cc junior model until I was picking it up.

Another strange thing is the sprocket is high.  The chain is tightest unloaded,. Normal is compress the rear 1/3 of the way to adjust the chain.  Chassis jacking must be abnormal.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 11:46:42 PM by Fran K »
Pages: [1]