Tech > Tech Help

Instrument Cluster

<< < (2/2)

TonyHelms:
Funny you say that,  I am a Tesla tech and that is how we did software updates, and vehicle log data on the Tesla Roadster.  Now the Model-S is over the air or this funky little 5 pin plug for our computer.

But Yes, I totally agree. Most Zero owners aren't idiots, and we'd enjoy keeping our bike up to date by doing a thumb-drive update.   

m0t0-ryder:

--- Quote from: TonyHelms on March 16, 2015, 10:35:36 AM ---Thanks for the reply. 

Zero told me to un-plug it and blow the connector out with compressed air, then apply dielectric grease in the connector. I rode another 26 miles today with no issues. I am also told I am on the software version 60, and evidently now there is a version 67 and this could possibly be a software bug.

I'll keep ya posted it it flakes out on me again.

--- End quote ---

This is exactly what I would have recommended.
Additionally... it's always a good idea to examine your connector pins when any connector is opened.
Look for bent pins or pins that may have been pushed into the connector.

Hope it was just a poor connection problem. (most likely)
Time will tell.

Ron Sindric:
DIELECTRIC GREASE !!  When I asked ZERO tech support about d-grease they gave me only silence.  My issues are with a defective ( from Day One ) dashboard, defective BMS and range that is mediocre at best. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version