• May 06, 2024, 09:22:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2023 Ryvid Anthem electric city commuter  (Read 279 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
2023 Ryvid Anthem electric city commuter
« on: April 28, 2024, 02:47:06 AM »

Here is a review by Revzilla of the 2023 (?) Ryvid Anthem electric motorcycle, a brand that I have never heard of before - likely because it is a recent startup:  https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/2023-ryvid-anthem-launch-edition-first-ride-review
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: 2023 Ryvid Anthem electric city commuter
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 03:15:06 AM »

I first heard of Ryvid about... I'd say mid-way through the Sondors Metacycle development announcements. It was painted as competition. The smaller commuters like both of those bikes aren't super interesting to me so I paid it little interest. The MetaCycle ended up failing spectacularly, but people were saying really positive things about the Ryvids. Again, I've not seen one in person yet.

Two weeks ago I was catching up with a friend in the industry whose opinion I very much value and we were discussing different bikes we'd ridden and thoughts on them. He asked if I'd ridden the Land District bikes out of Cleveland. I said no and he said, "Good. Don't. Absolutely awful build quality. I took it up to 50 and thought I was gonna die."

He then asked if I'd tried the Ryvid Anthem and again I said not yet. "Total opposite side of the spectrum." he said. "I've met the guy behind it. Has an absolutely solid grasp of motorcycle design. Rides well. Would ride again."

So yeah I look forward to seeing one in person.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 04:03:57 AM »

That review of the Anthem was not exactly a glowing one. The reviewer didn't like the seat, the suspension, the range, the weight of the removable battery pack, the way the speed dropped rapidly as the battery SOC dropped and the price.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 06:33:33 AM »

*shrug* Both rides were done in similar areas of LA because that's where my buddy operates. I can only glean from this that the Land Moto bike must truly be a step down. Like MetaCycle level or worse.

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2024, 07:33:51 PM »

The article or the webpage states it is avilable now.  Going to https://ryvid.com/ it is get on the list.  Is it already DOT approved?  At first I thought about tipping over and easily picking it back up.  Some doesn't make sense 1.6 inches or rear travel, just a linkage for packaging purposes or advertising?  Four inches of seat vertical adjustment, add in some suspention and a touring padded part with a nice passenger portion.  The front brake looks much like the one on my 2017 ktm, later they went to all of the pistons on one side.

For all the reading the guy won't use a kil a watt meter.  I got 2.3333 kw on board charger from figures off that page.
Pages: [1]