• May 04, 2024, 09:15:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: Zero SR-F Order thread  (Read 22757 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Zero SR-F Order thread
« Reply #315 on: August 06, 2019, 07:46:27 PM »

Zero has recently updated their firmware update site to include descriptions of SR/F updates, should you want see updates on the latest SR/F updates:   ::)  https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/owner-resources/firmware/
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 06, 2019, 08:19:59 PM »

That is a move in the right direction: Thank you, Zero!
It would be nice if they added the release date for each version.
2020 Zero SR/F

vinceherman

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 06, 2019, 10:41:06 PM »

Is there a way to see the version numbers that are installed?

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 06, 2019, 11:55:41 PM »

I asked that question a while back and was told the only way is connecting a laptop to a serial port on the bike.
it is not visible via the menu or the phone app. Bummer :(
2020 Zero SR/F

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 08, 2019, 12:55:01 PM »

I asked that question a while back and was told the only way is connecting a laptop to a serial port on the bike.

You can get the FW version without any special equipment, but it takes a little time/effort.

Use the Zero app to connect Bluetooth and email yourself the log binaries. Then run the Zero log parser utility that Brian maintains and it will show the firmware version at the top of the output (mine is 49).

The prerequisites are to clone the git repo https://github.com/zero-motorcycle-community/zero-log-parser or at least download the zero_log_parser.py Python script, and also having Python 2 installed so you can run the script.

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 08, 2019, 06:11:27 PM »

You can get the FW version without any special equipment, but it takes a little time/effort.

Use the Zero app to connect Bluetooth and email yourself the log binaries. Then run the Zero log parser utility that Brian maintains and it will show the firmware version at the top of the output (mine is 49).

The prerequisites are to clone the git repo https://github.com/zero-motorcycle-community/zero-log-parser or at least download the zero_log_parser.py Python script, and also having Python 2 installed so you can run the script.

The parser does not work with the SR/F (yet).

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #321 on: August 11, 2019, 09:03:28 PM »

The parser does not work with the SR/F (yet).

This is news to me. What results does one get? (I don’t really maintain these, more like manage the source, but it might make sense over time)

Remember that the method for building a log decoder is to get Zero’s official decoded version of a log file and build up the decoding functions until they produce the same output. Then you do it a hundred times for a hundred different models and configurations.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]