• May 04, 2024, 01:53:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wiring Diagram for 2016 FX  (Read 5092 times)

gt13013

• View Profile
Re: Wiring Diagram for 2016 FX
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 04:51:53 AM »

OK. I did not realize that the contactors where inside the battery packs.

But this raises another question. I thought that the contactor was the piece that makes a loud click when we start charging, or key the bike,... I have a FXS with 2 batteries. If there is one contactor in each battery pack, why do I never hear 2 clicks ?
Zero S 2023, Zero FXS 2016

Keith

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 05:50:28 AM »

I do hear two clicks on my FX, but they are sometimes so close together that they sound like one. I've had broken connectors and used my ears to reassure me that both packs are on. You'll know they are not if you get half the range or lose power at high speeds. It can also happen that the two packs' SOC are very unequal and that should cause the bike to use only one pack until the SOC's are close enough to be connected together. The harness connects the packs directly in parallel so the voltages need to be close or a large current will flow as they equalize when connected by the contactors.
2016 Zero FX, 2014 KTM 1190

gt13013

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2018, 06:33:10 AM »

OK, I just tried to key the bike ON and OFF several times and listen more closely to the clicks. Difficult to hear 2 clicks. They are probably very well synchronized!
My 2 packs have always worked together. They should have the same voltage. The bike works fine and has a pretty good range, meaning that both batteries work fine.
Thanks !
Zero S 2023, Zero FXS 2016

ckgroth

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2019, 09:40:34 PM »

Do you know if this diagram will work for an 18 SR?

I need to rewire my kickstand, but have been unsuccessful. If this doesn't work, do you know of a resource to find the proper wiring diagram?

itayko

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2019, 02:35:15 PM »

I have a FX14 and on a mission of building a replacement dashboard since mine has had gone bad...

I tried to compare my dashboard wiring to the diagram and found that the wire colors and numbering are not the same, it thought it would be similar except for the ABS light but it doesn't seem to be the case.

How did you figure out which wire does what for the dashboard?

I attaching pictures of the wires on the dashboard and the connector hoping someone might be able to help.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ah96GYwGtcZQHPvf9

Thank you so much!

Jawbreaker

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2020, 08:53:57 PM »

hi,

was wondering if anyone had mapped the wiring for newer models since these ones were done?

just curious is all and am happy to make a donation for anyone willing to take some time out for this as i want to see what differences, if any,  are made between iterations of each generation of bike that is released.

thanks
Pages: 1 [2]