• May 06, 2024, 12:14:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New to me SR/F  (Read 1149 times)

ben.m

• View Profile
Re: New to me SR/F
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2019, 12:45:09 PM »

Custom modes are not very well designed, maybe we can hope for updates later...
If you create one, you must tap the 3 dots and then "active this mode" or something like that.
If you create an other you can't active both of customs and switch them on the bike, you must use you phone every time (or i missed something)

The custom mode on my 2017 dsr is very easy to work with. Are you saying the sr/f is harder? Or do you think the custom mode on all Zero models are bad?

It's very easy. Maybe easier than before.
The problem is you can can add numbers of customs modes but you can't use more than 1 without using your smartphone every time you want to change !
They should change that in an update and allow at least 2 custom modes activated.

siai47

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2019, 12:18:00 AM »

As far a where the 12 volt switched connectors are located, I think I found one.  The manual shows the approximate locations but not exact.  If you remove the metal cover on the left side of the bike which closes out an area between the end of the trellis frame and the mount for the foot pegs you will find a bundle of connectors all tie-wrapped up.  There is one white two pin female connector in the bundle that does not have a mating connector attached to it.  I didn't cut the tie-wraps so I couldn't probe the connector for power but it is the only one that isn't connected to anything else and has two pins.  The down side is that is not the typical molded "SAE" connector that eveyone is used too.  You are going to need to find the male mate to attach anything to it.
1979 Honda CBX
2009 Aprilia Cube 250 Scooter
2016 Victory Empulse TT
2019 Can-Am Spyder
2020 SR/F (retired)

Crilly

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2019, 03:30:58 AM »

Thanks, I well look again.

Crilly

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2019, 03:46:14 AM »

No, that is not it.  That is the plug for the kick stand switch.

Crilly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2019, 03:47:29 AM »

Now to put it back together.

Crilly

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2019, 08:15:36 AM »

Is the SR/F hooked up to cellular WIFI?  I get messages from the bike when I am out of blue tooth range.

“We’ve detected that the charging of your motorcycle has been interrupted.”

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2019, 05:25:46 PM »

Is the SR/F hooked up to cellular WIFI?  I get messages from the bike when I am out of blue tooth range.

Yes, it uses cellular.  You can check location and charge state via the app when out of blue tooth range.  The Cellular service is free for two years.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2019, 06:59:19 PM »

Yes, it uses cellular.  You can check location and charge state via the app when out of blue tooth range.  The Cellular service is free for two years.

Steve

And then what will the service cost?  I have the same question regarding the LiveWire's connectivity service, which I seem to recall stops being free after one year.   ;)  The cost of these "free" services when they expire seem to be a closely held secret.   ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Crilly

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2019, 08:59:44 PM »

Everything at Harley is a closely held secret.

siai47

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2019, 03:07:37 AM »

I absolutely, positively found one of the two "Phantom" accessory 12 volt connectors.  You Know how I am sure this time?  It has a tag on it saying " ACCY 12V".  Athough I didn't test it I am pretty sure about this because that it is what Zero claims it is.  It's the front one shown under the "tank" in the owners manual.  You need to remove the tank which isn't hard at all.  On each side of the front of the tank there are two extension pieces (they are silver on may red bike)  There are two screws in each.  Only the bottom one that attaches to the trellis frame on each side needs to be removed.  There are screws one either side of the ignition switch that need to be removed and finally at the very rear of the tank, there are two screws by the hinge for the charge port access cover that need to come out.  Once these six screws are removed, the tank will be loose.  You just need to work it up to get by some harnesses and the rubber cover that goes around the charge port.  None of the screws in the "box" inside the tank need to be removed---the box and the USB and DTC connector just remains in place.  You will find the accessory connector tucked into the wiring harness near the ignition switch.  The wire comes from the left side of the bike and contains a blue and black wire.  There is a black vinyl cover protecting the plug so as you retrieve the plug make sure to hang on to the cover so it doesn't fall off.

Unfortunately, the connector is not the "SAE" rubber connector we are all used to, but a specialized connector that will require finding out what it's mate is from zero or by taking matters into our own hands with a pair of wire cutters and some crimp connectors.

When you replace the tank make sure you engage the clip located on each side that connects the lower black part (that has the tank cover release key lock in it) on the left into the tab on the frame.  One of these clips was not in place on my bike and that's why I removed the tank in the first place.  Finding the accessory connector was second.  I still haven't found the rear connector yet. 
1979 Honda CBX
2016 Victory Empulse TT
2019 Can-Am Spyder
2020 SR/F (retired)

siai47

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2019, 04:27:41 AM »

On an earlier post on this thread, I mentioned I found a tag on the bottom of the SR/F battery pack that said NOMINAL 13081 Wh.  I thought with such an odd number that each power pack might have been capacity tested and assigned a number.  This is not the case.  I visited Farasis's web site to see if I could find out a little more about the battery cell.  Farasis lists two pouch cells one with 29 Ah capacity and one with 32 Ah capacity.  Both list the nominal voltage of the cell at 3.65 volts.  If you assume the Zero 14.4 pack uses a 4P28S configuration (four 32 Ah cells in parallel and twenty-eight groups in series) then doing the math gives you the following---32 (Ah) X 3.65 (volts) X 4 (cells in parallel) X 28 (cells in series) = 13081.6 (or the Wh listed on the pack).

Therefore, I don't think there is any actual full pack testing and a number assigned.  The number on the tag just references what the "nominal" output of the power pack should be if all 112 cells in the battery were truly "nominal".  Or maybe my pack was tested and has .6 watt hours less than nominal ;D
1979 Honda CBX
2016 Victory Empulse TT
2019 Can-Am Spyder
2020 SR/F (retired)
Pages: 1 [2]