Makes And Models > Alta Motorcycles

Alta RedShift delivery window announced

(1/4) > >>

drivin98:
In addition to relaying the story of Alta's first racing outing, this story also says the RedShift will start shipping early 2016.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/11/11/alta-redshift-supermoto-racing-checkers-respect-video/

Richard230:
Well, it is about time.  By now their bikes should be pretty well developed.   :)

racerx43:
I received an email saying the first production unit was shipped last week to a Cali dealer (BMW) I've been on the waiting list for years.... Can't wait for the SM !

Ranga:

--- Quote from: Richard230 on November 12, 2015, 04:36:34 AM ---Well, it is about time.  By now their bikes should be pretty well developed.   :)

--- End quote ---

Or pretty well outdated.  How long has the concept bike been on display while the company was figuring out production?

rayivers:
Here's an excerpt from the Terms and Conditions at the Alta site, as of this morning:

"Alta Motors Redshift bikes are sold and delivered only through reputable motorcycle dealerships. Delivery against a deposit is predicated upon Alta Motors signing a dealership agreement with a licensed dealership in your area. You can aid in this process by identifying your favorite dealership for us, and by notifying the dealership directly that you have placed a deposit on a Redshift. In the event that we cannot find a suitable dealership in your area, we will refund your deposit in full.

When a dealer in your area is identified and signed into the Alta Motors network, you will receive priority on the unit of your selection shipped to your area. If there are other depositors in your area, priority will be based on the order in which deposits were received."

As I read this, it basically states 'no local dealer, no bike' - and the Alta site lists only one "dealer", the Alta factory in San Francisco.

Ray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version