• May 05, 2024, 03:45:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: About to buy a '17 S...  (Read 936 times)

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
Re: About to buy a '17 S...
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 04:57:54 AM »

2016 SR won't have a wider belt. It won't be able to do firmware updates at home either. I've had to have my firmware updated many times, at a dealer, this is a big plus to do it at home!

He's right.  The wider belt is on the 2017 models, and not JUST the SR.  They all get the wider, stronger belt.  You also get the ability to update your firmware from your smartphone, eliminating one reason to bring it back to the dealer periodically.

That said, I haven't had any major issues with my 2016 S.  It was one year old this past Sunday and now has 9,300 miles on it.  Only issue I had was with the turn signals.  They worked when I rode it home from the dealer but stopped after that.  It took them two tries to get them fixed but they've been working just fine ever since.

That's not true. 2017 S/DS ZF13 does not have the fatter belt....But the S ZF6.5 does....Go figure

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S

dano

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 05:12:29 AM »

Good point about the warranty, Jaime... that's important.
Also notable about the firmware updates. These are important things to consider, and I'm glad I asked!
Thanks again, all.

Another difference between the two years is the 2017's are painted now whereas the earlier models were plastic colored molds, if I'm not mistaken.

Fivespeed302

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 09:12:57 AM »

Good point about the warranty, Jaime... that's important.
Also notable about the firmware updates. These are important things to consider, and I'm glad I asked!
Thanks again, all.

Another difference between the two years is the 2017's are painted now whereas the earlier models were plastic colored molds, if I'm not mistaken.

There's certainly a trade off there.  You can buff out all sorts of scratches and imperfections, but ultimately it fades no matter what.  The good news is it is cheap as hell to replace compared to say plastics on a R1. 
2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1
Pages: 1 [2]