• May 22, 2024, 08:22:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Replacement Mirror Glass Zero FXS  (Read 738 times)

WDavis4692

• View Profile
Replacement Mirror Glass Zero FXS
« on: December 28, 2016, 10:41:11 PM »

Does anyone in the UK know where you're supposed to go if you want replacement glass but NOT a whole new stalk/assembly?  Just the glass?  It's the left mirror on my new Zero FXS.  I think one of my family members elbowed it hard enough to crack by accident.

If people need pics of the mirrors (may be able to identify the brand at a glance?  I dunno) then I am happy to go take some.

Fred

• View Profile
Re: Replacement Mirror Glass Zero FXS
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 11:07:54 PM »

I don't know about the FXS (mine is a few weeks away) but last time I tried to replace just the glass on a bike mirror I wasn't able to find anything. They're often designed to make dismantling without destroying it difficult too. If the OEM mirrors are expensive or hard to get it might be easier to take the opportunity to change them to something different.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Replacement Mirror Glass Zero FXS
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 04:28:23 AM »

I was able to buy a set of mirrors for my Royal Enfield off of Amazon for about $6 each.  Recently, I bought a better made and nicer pair for only $11 each.  Buying new mirrors seems like a better idea than trying to replace the glass. 
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]