• May 05, 2024, 12:31:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: 2015 Zeros  (Read 8897 times)

ut-zero

• View Profile
Re: 2015 Zeros
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 04:55:42 AM »

Replace the ridiculous tank bag with a real storage compartment that can hold a helmet.

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 05:32:44 PM »

Most of all I would like to see improved customer service to both dealers and customers who contact them directly. I don't see Zero surviving if this doesn't happen. Hiring people who know how to answer the phone or respond to email can't be too hard but so far Zero has done a very poor job at hiring people who can.

Would like to see an improved back brake and faster on-board chargers including a CHAdeMO that works on all systems.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 08:26:14 PM »

I thought the problem with CHaDemo is that some of the charging stations themselves were not fully spec compliant in that they don't support the full range of voltages, and thats causing problems with lower voltage vehicles like the Zeros.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 10:24:40 PM »

I think that a fan cooled 5-7kW charger that fits into the tank, same way the power tank does, would be a fantastic addition.

Making it so this option can be fitted to the 2013 > 2015 range of bikes would also be a good move, I would not buy a new Bike just to gain access to such an option, but I would consider purchasing this sort of high power onboard charger it if it was able to be fitted to my 2013 bike.

Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 10:58:19 PM »

Justin Andrews,

I have been trying for about a month now to get a CHAdeMO system for my SR. But trying to get information from Zero is proving to be a huge challange to say the least. In one of the few times my dealer was able to find someone at Zero actually willing to answer their phone it seems that some of the CHAdeMO systems that should work with Zero's CHAdeMO system didn't.

Some CHAdeMO systems such as those made by Eaton do have DC output voltages as low as 50 volts. The systems at Nissan dealers also goes down to 50 volts. Those made by AeroVironment go down to 100 volts and might work. Those on the Blink network only go down to 200 volts and won't work.

If you look on PlugShare and search for DC Quick Chargers you will see what is most common in your area. There are several Eaton stations in NC that I would use on a regular basis. Eaton in general seems to be common in the south-east US. TN has a lot of BLINK chargers that won't work though.

The manual says 8-10 hours to install a CHAdeMO system so labor costs will not be cheap.

aaronzeromoto

• View Profile
    • Zero Motorcycles
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 04:31:24 AM »

Ultrarnr,

Some CHAdeMO systems such as those made by Eaton do have DC output voltages as low as 50 volts. The systems at Nissan dealers also goes down to 50 volts. Those made by AeroVironment go down to 100 volts and might work. Those on the Blink network only go down to 200 volts and won't work.

I am sorry you had difficulty getting an answer here.  But based on the information above, I believe you hit the core of the issue. Unfortunately, we have found that the charging stations can vary by model even if from the same manufacturer. In some cases even by the firmware may make a difference.  We do believe that if a charging station is fully compliant with the CHAdeMO specification, then it will work with our motorcycles.  But many manufacturers reduced their costs or optimized their systems for electric automobiles.

I would also say that it is impossible for us to provide a definitive list because access to these stations for testing is limited. In the case of the Eaton charging station, I believe we have access to one in Central California. We think it works but we can't be definitive.  As a result, CHAdeMO continues to be a solution best suited to our fleet customers that are purchasing a charge station that the manufacturer is ensuring is compatible.

Regards,
aaronzeromoto

@aaronzeromoto
Zero Motorcycles
Director of Customer Experience

2018 Zero DSR + 6kW Charge Tank
2016 Zero FXS
2015 Zero DS + 2.5 kW Charge Tank
2014 Zero SR + Power Tank
2013 Zero DS ZF11.4, Zero FX ZF5.7 and Zero XU 2.8
2007 Yamaha V Star

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 06:11:15 AM »

How about cruise control? Unlike an ICE vehicle, all it would cost is a button and some firmware. Seems like a pretty strange omission, actually.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 06:47:50 AM »

A reasonable level 2 charger, and, J1772 connector as an option would be nice.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 07:21:58 AM »

Oh, another thought...how about a single-sided swingarm like BMW has done? It would be heavier, since all the stiffness would have to be provided by the single arm, but it sure would make belt changes easier!
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 10:42:58 AM »

OK, after riding the Energica Ego I have a few things on my wish list.  The display is a big one.

1 - Throttle calibrated with a section where you can easily cruise with no power and no regen.
2 - Reverse.  Not mandatory or a deal breaker, but c'mon.  This should be easy to do.
3 - Display charging % in real time while charging. 
4 - Wh/mi on display at all times or on a separate screen with a graph.
5 - Fairings.  Give me sexy aerodynamics!

Also would like to see a new design like what Harlan did with Big Blue.  Their current look is okay, but it would be fun to have one of the bikes with a more aggressive look. 
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

RickSteeb

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2014, 06:14:40 AM »

A beeper [or quick pings to the horn] to make you aware that your turn signal is on...
Throttle-variable regen and/or [very slow limited;] reverse drive, for un-parking, and those occasional multiple-move Y-turn occasions due to turning radius issues...
Tighter turning radius...
 ;)
Current fleet: (2012 DS Recalled), 2014 SR, 2013 FX

trekguy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2014, 07:36:46 AM »

I'd like to see a more absorbent ride, an outside ambient air temperature display, and some led
turn signals and headlight.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2014, 07:56:50 PM »

I would like to point out that it is way to late for our suggestions to get Zero to change any of their design or component specifications for the 2015 models as they no doubt already have them cast in stone and are currently arranging contracts to supply the parts for the new models.  So (unfortunately) this thread is "wishful thinking" and will not have any influence on Zero's 2015 bikes and I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the design of the 2016 bikes are also pretty much determined. We can wish and squawk, but I doubt they are listening.   ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

dkw12002

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2014, 09:28:40 PM »

Richard, since you are often the first to know of any changes, let us know. If Zero does have their models finalized, we need a mole to give us the scoop. Rumors are also welcome. In lieu of that, what is your best guess about what we can expect?

Le Z Turbo

• 2013 DS
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2014, 10:06:05 PM »

Real front fork, real rear shock ? Not a low end taiwanese-chinese ones. You can even get some better quality suspensions in taiwan (like DNM) !!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6