Makes And Models > Alta Motorcycles

Alta Redshift MX or SM Good, Bad & Ugly ????

(1/3) > >>

ultratoad:
Would you buy again?  Positives? Any problems or concerns? 

speedkills:
Loving mine.  No surprises, but before I would recommend it to most it needs fast charging support.  It’s a commuter or a toy, if you’re alright with that, then it’s super fun. 

But seriously, on the range, 40 miles is all you are getting.  Know of some twisty roads 20 miles away?  By the time you get to them you need to turn around and go home.  It’s not like you can take lunch and recharge, it needs 8 hours to recharge which pretty much means you have to make it to work or home within 40 miles or you’re having a bad day.  If you can find a way to have fun within those constraints then it is an absolute joy.  But when your friends invite your for a short 50 mile ride and you can’t go....make sure you’re ready for those days.

Ireek:
I echo what speedkills says about the range, I'd add that the seat is hard as a 2x4 on a good day.  BUT, if fun is what you're after, there is no substitute, once the new wore off a little and I understood the bike a little better, life has been much better for me, I know exactly what to expect with the range, I now ride it like I want to and still get around 30 miles range, still not great but I'm having fun during those 30 miles, I also know that after 42-44 easy miles, I'll be walking.  Handling and braking are superb.  Mine has almost 300 miles and all is good as new, I changed my gear oil at about 80 miles and again at 250, it's quick and easy, I did get a fair amount of metal particles on the first change but it has a magnetic drain plug so it's okay, this last one was clean, it only holds about 2.8 ounces so it's cheap security.  Once again, if you can handle the range, I say go for it, there are absolutely no regrets here...   

ultratoad:
I really appreciate your candor guys....  I did a test ride of the SM and was totally impressed....  Big smile !!!!  I did not know that the range was going to be quite that dismal !!!! I guess I should have suspected though....  My Empulse TT was advertised with a range of 100 miles....  But, in reality you only get about 70 if you are nice and 50 if you flog it....  Do love the thing ....   Can't stop thinking about the SM though, total top quality toy....  Seems expensive, but that is the nature of boutique machines....  You can pay more for a quality bicycle !!!!  If it turns out that the SM is trouble free, I will probably have to jump in ....  Thanks again....

ultratoad:
Come on owners....  There are lots of Alta's out there now....  What do you think ????  We all want to know !!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version