• May 12, 2024, 10:06:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Introduction.  (Read 1599 times)

skyclark

• View Profile
Introduction.
« on: June 19, 2008, 06:25:39 AM »

I found this forum while researching what electric off road motorcycles are on the market.

I am a designer and am working with a friend who designs and makes aftermarket parts for 12th scale RC cars.  Both of us love trial riding around New England and have talked about building a dirt bike of our own design.  Since Chris does so much work with the scale electric vehicles we decided to make the electric rather than gas.  We are still in the planning/ research faze of the process and a final product is a way away but we are excited by what is on the market already and what we can bring to it.

I really like the Quantya bikes, have talked to the US rep, and am planning to meet him for a ride soon.  I will post a full review when I do it -- they are a real inspiration to us.

--Clark

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 09:51:57 PM »

Welcome skyclark!

Dirt bikes are my biggest powersports passion too.  I think electric will make the biggest impact to the offroad world.  Imagine the riding areas that can exist with bike that make very little noise and zero emissions.  Warehouses, vacant land in populated areas, etc.

Can't wait to hear more about your project.  Got anything else you can share?

Please let us know how the Quantya mtg goes.

skyclark

• View Profile
Re: Introduction.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 06:16:19 AM »

I dont have too much more to share because we are still in the beginning phase of research. 

We are currently thinking of doing a small dualsport style bike -- one that can be ridden as easily on or off road.  We are talking about integrating a luggage system of some sort, possibly a rack or panniers to accommodate a commuters items or the gear for camping.  The range is the biggest limit as you all know so we are talking about making a kit that includes a flexible solar panel like those made by Brunton so that you can recharge in the field or at the office.

We are both designers by training and do a lot of custom work currently so we are also interested in getting involved in the EV aftermarket as well doing a full bike.
Pages: [1]