• May 07, 2024, 06:54:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A few notes about modes  (Read 958 times)

krash7172

• View Profile
A few notes about modes
« on: July 06, 2014, 04:03:08 AM »

I spent some time today figuring out the answers to a few questions I still had about modes. I decided to compile some of the less obvious info. This isn't meant to be comprehensive but should help new owners who are scratching their heads. I have a 2014 SR paired with Android FYI.

Turn on the bike's Bluetooth: kickstand down, key turned on, kill switch off, hold the mode button for 5 seconds.

The smartphone app will tell you that you are changing Eco mode settings. This is not true for 2014. Eco and Sport are not customizable. Any changes you make are for the Custom mode only.

Regenerative braking is disabled when the battery is fully charged. If you make changes to the regen settings, you will not experience anything until the battery depletes a little. You may even notice it is intermittent if you are paying close attention.

To switch modes on the fly, release the throttle and press the mode button. You cannot change modes when traveling faster than 60 mph. The screen will tell you that the mode has been changed but it will not take effect until you slow down and release the throttle.

2015 Triumph Daytona 675R
2015 BMW R nineT
2014 Zero SR
2013 Ducati Monster 696
1991 Honda VFR 750

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: A few notes about modes
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 06:41:28 AM »

My Android phone works differently when pairing with my 2014 S.  I need to keep the kill switch in the on position to make changes to the custom program. If I turn the kill switch to the off position, it will not change the program. I do not have to touch the mode button to make changes or to pair with the bike.  All I do is to have the bike either charging, or turned on and upon clicking the Zero app, my phone immediately will tell me that my bike wants to pair with the phone.  I then click OK and immediately get the Zero app program screens. 

I can then enter the riding mode and make any changes to the "eco" (custom) program that I want.  I can then exit the program and the changes will be saved and the custom program will be changed accordingly.  I have not tried to change the custom program with the side stand raised.

I typically change modes while stopped or when my throttle is closed and I have not tired to change modes at more than 60 mph.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

krash7172

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 10:29:34 AM »

Per Zero:
Model Year 2014
"To turn on Bluetooth discoverability, first key on the motorcycle. Leave the kickstand down and make sure the motor stop switch is in the stop/don’t run position. Press and hold the performance level mode button on the right handlebar for at least 5 seconds. When the Bluetooth symbol on the dash begins to blink, release the mode button"

Once you have done this, reconnecting may not need this procedure.
2015 Triumph Daytona 675R
2015 BMW R nineT
2014 Zero SR
2013 Ducati Monster 696
1991 Honda VFR 750

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 07:45:13 PM »

Per Zero:
Model Year 2014
"To turn on Bluetooth discoverability, first key on the motorcycle. Leave the kickstand down and make sure the motor stop switch is in the stop/don’t run position. Press and hold the performance level mode button on the right handlebar for at least 5 seconds. When the Bluetooth symbol on the dash begins to blink, release the mode button"

Once you have done this, reconnecting may not need this procedure.

I am sure that I never followed this procedure the first time I used my Zero app (because I didn't read the instructions), but maybe it was performed by my dealer at the time that I picked up my bike.   ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]