Makes And Models > Energica

FW version 43

(1/12) > >>

DonTom:

I asked about the FW Version 43 at the shop in Roseville, CA.  I have not had a chance to get my Experia there for the update, but I will ASAP, weather at the 7,240' summit permitting.

I mainly asked about my 2020 SS9- as it is already in Auburn, CA and I rode it down there to the shop yesterday. My Experia is here in Reno.

I wanted to know if this new FW was compatible with my 2020 Esse Esse 9-.

They said they must ask Energica and get back to me.

Here is what I received via Email:

" after asking Energica, for the VIN you provided the most recent firmware that has been tested is v.42, not v.43. It is unknown if that software would work on that bike. If you wanted to take the gamble, the cost would be $131.25. "

So it looks like not even Energica knows what bikes their own FW will work with.

But what is the V.43? I know it allows better CCS charging (especially with Magic Dock) and has a few bug fixes (that my Experia really needs, and I assume the same goes for all the others with the older FW). But is this V.43 a patch or an entire new FW?  If it's an entire new FW, I don't see how it could work on my 2020 Esse Esse 9-. Totally different menus and all.

So what improvements have Experia owners noticed with V43?  And has anybody here used it on any bike other than an Experia?

-Don-  Reno, NV

Specter:
They know what bike it will work with, they wrote it FOR those bikes.
They didn't test it on your special bike because it was not written for your bike.

Gee, will this Corvette update work on my old Camaro?   We don't know, we didn't write it for your Camaro, it was specifically written to address the current Corvette's issues.

Oh they don't know what they are doing!!   ::)

Aaron

jotjotde:
When I was at my dealer's shop end of September for the 30k service they offered me the FW43 update for my Ribelle which I declined. After the FW42 debacle I refuse to be a test dummy.

The bike has enough bugs as it is  ::) ::) ::)

DonTom:

--- Quote from: jotjotde on December 18, 2023, 12:27:42 PM ---The bike has enough bugs as it is  ::) ::) ::)
--- End quote ---

I cannot think of any bugs in my 2020 Esse Esse 9 so it's probably best to leave it as is.

OTOH, the Experia is full of bugs and I am hoping V. 43 will fix most or all of those bugs.

But I know what you mean. If it works well enough, no need to fix it, which could even give more serious bugs.

Sometimes FW updates just trade new bugs for old bugs.

But my Experia has enough bugs to make it worth the gamble.

-Don-  Reno, NV

Specter:
jojo, when I had my bike in, they updated it.  I asked them not to but the shop here in Florida are idiots so they did it anyways.  Probably got paid to do it which is why they did it :(

To me, it does not seem to be as zippy as it was before they molested it, then again, it IS cooler out so that might play part of it too.  Otherwise I don't see any reason to get the update if you do not have an Experia.  The charging stuff was tweaked a bit, and I see it now asks you to confirm that you want to interrupt or end a charge before just doing it when you push the button.  It also address' some issues with the handshake problems some fast chargers had, although TBH I never seen any of those issues in it to begin with.  Some of you were, so hopefully this fixes that for you.

Even with that, it still does NOT automatically release the plug when the charge is complete, you have to cycle bike power to get the little lock to go down.  This needs to be fixed IMO.  Some people are going to charge publicly and NOT be sitting right there babysitting the charge, this way, and it does happen, someone else waiting to charge, sees 'charge complete' can remove it from your bike and put it in their car without potentially causing damage to your lock mechanism when they do so.  We can use another topic to discuss the ethics / courtesy of doing that, but we all know it happens a lot with these impatient clowns running around today.

The Keyfob not in range thing is still a nuisance that exists, though not as often as it originally was.  TBH I don't think they will engineer this out just because of the nature of the beast, and the incredibly low wattage the fob puts out, it's just ripe for a mosquito fart to interrupt it.  Changing the frequency it broadcast at would fix it but that's a MAJOR undertaking there, a ton of legal and red tape to walk thru, not worth it.

If your stuff is running fine, Id not bother with the update if you do not own the Experia, there is not much needable stuff in it for the other style bikes.

Now if they offered us an upgrade to the 150 mph top end the EGO has for our Ribelle's, even if we had to pay for it, id gladly buy that update!

Aaron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version