Makes And Models > Energica

Experia getting a replacement ‘Charger Control Unit’

(1/3) > >>

STICKY:
Hey — my dealership/shop says my Experia LE needs a replacement ‘charger control unit.’ It isn’t surprising given a number of codes pointed to the charging manager. Just wondering how worried I should or shouldn’t be given that I have fewer than 500 miles. Also, how extensive in days/weeks is a repair like this? Thanks

smithy:

--- Quote from: STICKY on February 11, 2024, 12:41:34 AM ---Hey — my dealership/shop says my Experia LE needs a replacement ‘charger control unit.’ It isn’t surprising given a number of codes pointed to the charging manager. Just wondering how worried I should or shouldn’t be given that I have fewer than 500 miles. Also, how extensive in days/weeks is a repair like this? Thanks
--- End quote ---

Unfortunate for you, I have nearly 19,000km on my Experia without any major issues. I guess it depends on which country you're in and how far you are from you dealer....and whether they have ready access to replacement parts etc..

Some owners are many 1000's of kms away from their nearest dealer so logistics of doing major work is difficult.

Smithy.

DonTom:

--- Quote from: STICKY on February 11, 2024, 12:41:34 AM ---Hey — my dealership/shop says my Experia LE needs a replacement ‘charger control unit.’ It isn’t surprising given a number of codes pointed to the charging manager. Just wondering how worried I should or shouldn’t be given that I have fewer than 500 miles. Also, how extensive in days/weeks is a repair like this? Thanks
--- End quote ---
I see you're in northern CA. Is your dealer A&S?  Anyway, I expect the big delay will be getting the CCU. And that is guesswork with Energica lately.

Don't believe anything until your dealer has the CCU.

Can you still charge with AC?  With DC?

-Don-  Reno, NV

Specter:
Energica tends to be decent on warranty work, I have a minor issue that was repaired promptly.  They were a bit backed up early last year to the middle of the year but seem to be doing a lot better now on getting stuff shipped out in a timely manner.

Unfortunately it sounds like you just got a bum part.  That happens from time to time no matter who you buy something from.

Please keep us informed on how the repair goes for you.

Aaron

STICKY:
Smithy — Good to hear about yours. Mine was riding just fine too, but correlation vs. causation these issues started the 2nd ride after getting firmware 43.

DonTom — My dealer is CalMoto, which means the South SF location of Energica isn't too much farther either. It wouldn't acknowledge the AC EVSE, and I didn't have a chance to try DC.

Specter — Thanks for sharing about your experience, and I hope it's fast too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version