Makes And Models > Energica

FW Version 44

(1/4) > >>

DonTom:
I bet that woke you all up! But no, it doesn't exist--yet.

But I am wondering if there will be a new version of FW to make our Energicas compatible with Teslas V3 & V4 Superchargers that do NOT have Magic Dock.

I know that Fords and Rivians can now use the V3 & v4 (250 kw) Superchargers, not sure about Chevy. I realize the vehicles need to first get an update to make them compatible with the V3 and V4 Tesla Superchargers.  The Fords and Rivians will NOT work without the update, except for those few with the Magic Dock.

I already have a couple of Tesla SC to CCS adapters.  They do not work, which makes me wonder what the difference is between the Telsa SCs with and without the Magic Dock.

Anyway, I do realize we would need a FW update to use the non-Magic Dock V3 & V4 Tesla Superchargers. Will it exist??  Should I wait for it or just get my V 43 and forget about ever using the V3 & V4 Tesla SCers?

-Don-  Reno, NV

MVetter:
Literally does not matter how much prep Energica does. This is entirely in the hands of Tesla whether or not they want to approve certain manufacturers. You want change? Petition Tesla. They're the ones with the roadblocks. Period.

Specter:
Energica is already ready pretty much, just waiting for Tesla to approve it.  Im fairly certain 43 is ready to handle it, or laid most the groundwork, it's not so much a matter of the bike it's the issue of the charger saying, OK Ill turn on for you. 
Elon is too  big to really care about the little guys,  so they wait patiently for a reply...any reply from him.

Aaron

DonTom:

--- Quote from: MVetter on April 21, 2024, 02:27:33 PM ---Literally does not matter how much prep Energica does. This is entirely in the hands of Tesla whether or not they want to approve certain manufacturers. You want change? Petition Tesla. They're the ones with the roadblocks. Period.

--- End quote ---
Can you explain the difference between a V3 Telsa SC with Magic Dock and a Telsa V3 SC with a NACS to CCS adapter?

-Don- Fallon, NV (ride)

Motoproponent:

--- Quote from: DonTom on April 22, 2024, 04:16:45 AM ---Can you explain the difference between a V3 Telsa SC with Magic Dock and a Telsa V3 SC with a NACS to CCS adapter?

-Don- Fallon, NV (ride)

--- End quote ---

The ones with the Magic Dock don't need to check that the vehicle connected is a vehicle from the authorized list of vehicles. You can just connect them with the magic dock to the vehicle and start the session with the app.

Non-magic dock superchargers, need to get confirmation from the vehicle connected it is an authorized vehicle (Tesla, Ford, and Rivian) before starting the session.

It looks like Tesla is rolling out access to the Supercharger Network in the order the manufacturers committed to NACS. Ford was first so they get access now with authorized adapters. So F150 Lightnings and Mach E. Now Rivians can join in. Next is GM, Volvo, and Polestar.

We'll be able to use non-magic dock SCs when Tesla allows Energicas, specifically or if they ever just open it up to all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version